Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: AFCN games on Sun

Starks has a high ankle sprain, apparently, if true he could be out a while, those things are a pain in the ass to shake off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I think you're letting your hatred show through.

Ward didn't hold on that play. It was a clean block. His hands were clearly on the numbers and once his was past, he let go.

A good non call we'd want 100 times out of 100.
    Hatred Oh Nooo..

He had a hand full of jersey pulling the opposite direction and of course he let go after Mendenhall was through the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoNo View Post
    And there it is, I read this whole thread before posting something about Ryan. In my opinion, I tend to watch Matt Ryan very closely because they always try to say he is better or compare him to Flacco, and I am not saying Flacco is great yet... but Ryan has never impressed me, with his constant over throws and lack of command on the field. Matt Ryan does not make the big throws. Although he did throw for 250+ on the Stealers, he also threw 44 times, and just does not make the big throws. Just my O2. I hope the Stealers play us like that because they were far from impressive, Falcons just gave them a W. and yes Turner looked slow.
    Not sure why they crown Ryan with what they do. I always thought that it was because he was the anti-Vick at the time when a franchise needed saving. His arm on out routes leave alot to be desired (See the Polumalu pick). He's semi-accurate on other throws (alot of high balls). Also his 250 yds were because of the 44 pass attempts and nothing else. All Ryan has done so far is get picked higher and go to a "name brand" school. I'm no NFL scout, but we have seen alot of mediocre QB's look just like him in years past. Where he looks to be getting to his ceiling in ability, Flacco's asking for oxygen on his way to the stratosphere waving GOODBYE to second best.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoNo

Hatred Oh Nooo..

He had a hand full of jersey pulling the opposite direction and of course he let go after Mendenhall was through the hole.
    I don't see how you can come close to saying that. His arms were bent inward and his hands on the numbers. You do know they are allowed to grab inside the shoulders, right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't see how you can come close to saying that. His arms were bent inward and his hands on the numbers. You do know they are allowed to grab inside the shoulders, right?
    Grab and push/drive, not pull the opposite direction, alright it doesn't really matter that much, who cares I hate the Steelers and new the Ref's would get involved once it went to OT. I give them the holding call on the kick off, but the second one to push them back was BS.

Blog Entries

I can't beleive what is suppose to be a knowledgable broadcaster just said that oh no that is a Safety.

The Rams scoped up a fumble and ran back to like the 2 and Breaston striped the DL man and the ball rolled into the end zone and the Cardinals recovered it in the endzone, and the genius called it a safety. The freaking lost possession and regained possession in the end zone. Touch Back.

Now he is trying to make up for his mistake/confussion and saying he thought AZ scoped it at the 2 and ran into the end zone. Were do they get these guys.

Give us the name of this bandit so we can ridicule him further. There are some horrible broadcasters out there. Mine is Dan Dierdorf. When Ed Reed picked off Kerry Collins pass during the 2008 divisional playoffs, he noted "that it was just like a punt with a change in field position and was actually a good thing". NO IT'S NOT DIERDORF you old coot :grbac:.
    Last edited by Stealthbirds80; 09-12-2010 at 07:02 PM.

Vick > Kolb

He is doing a great job of trying to rally them back. If he pulls off the comeback, we will see a new starter in Philly.

The return of Vick has begun. He's at least getting an audition, but I think that he is going to be the next one in Philly. Especially if he can make some of those passes that I have seen him do in this game.

Blog Entries

Robinson just went down for St. Louis, Clayton with 10 119 will probably be the #1 for sure next week.

Blog Entries

I took Kolb in 5th round for my fantasy team...I don't think they will go to Vick that quickly, but him playing that well would be hard to ignore if Kolb keeps struggling.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Vick was already taking about 25% of the snaps in the 1st half anyway, so that should increase quickly. He was vintage out there.