Some Bart Scott love from ESPN

From ESPN's Page 2, David Fleming has a multiple choice test to test your football IQ. It is a mix of true and funny stuff. Bart Scott was question 6 (and in his case B, C, & D are correct):

6. Bart Scott. Hmm. Bart Scott. Oh yeah, isn't he:

A. A weatherman on the Simpsons;

B. A former undrafted rookie free agent from Southern Illinois who got a $500 signing bonus and yet another example of Ozzie Newsome's genius;

C. An outside linebacker with 119 tackles last year who now may be the best player on the Ravens' defense;

D. Nicknamed Mad Backer because the guy makes Ray Lewis seem shy.

Link: sports.espn.go.com/espn/p...ing/060913

Re: Some Bart Scott love from ESPN

you know your defense is good when you have pryce, suggs, lewis, scott, a.d., reed, mcalister, and rolle who if they were on the right team could quite possibly be the best defensive player on the team

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

I swear when you do a rollcall of our D'fensive starters names.The hairs will stand up on the back of your neck.Especially after last week.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

I think what's really scary is that Trevor Pryce was easily one of the top defenders on the Broncos, along with Champ Bailey and Al Wilson, and here, I would rate him ninth out of our starting elven. And one of the guys behind him is a first-round rookie who's only going to get better.

1. Ray Lewis
    2. Ed Reed
    3. Adalius Thomas
    4. Chris McAlister
    5. Bart Scott
    6. Terrell Suggs
    7. Samari Rolle
    8. Kelly Gregg
    9. Trevor Pryce
    10. Haloti Ngata
    11. Dawan Landry

It was funny on NFL Primetime,when Berman had to pause after the highlights and say..."and who is this(pause) Bart Scott guy wow!!!"

Bart Scott is going to make a name for himself this year. Period. It's going to be long before people know him and Adalius. It's nice to see a few of these players finally get some due, even if it's later than deserved.

Anyone else hear on prime time (monday night) about the linebacker gunner and saying they'd never seen it (joe broken leg)....yeah...about that...Adalius
    Thomas made the Pro Bowl. You just never paid attention.

People didn't realize him last year because the overall D wasn't so dominate.

Soon the analysts will realize it's not just Ray....undrafted FA Bart Scott and super late round pick Adalius Thomas are monsters.

This Phil Savage isn't kicking himself that he didn't get Bart when Bart was in the building?

Think Bart isn't glad he got the hell out of C-suck before they had a chance to talk to him?

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Bart Scott is really becoming a heckuva player. I would have given him my vote for Defensive Player of the Week over Ray Lewis. Ray certainly played a great game, but Bart was all over the field and had two sacks!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Ray had two passes defensed, as well as a sack and a number of tackles.

Keep quiet about Scott, I am trying to claim him off waivers in my fantasy league. Me (last year's champion) and 11 Clownfans. Once I have him in the fold in 24 hours (where is the praying emoticon) I will then talk him up.

I love scott b/c he dissed the browns, earlier this offseason.

It was quite amusing reading his comments. Does anyone have an article about him talking about the browns organization/facilities?

If I knew nothing about the Ravens and only saw the preseason games and the Bucs game, I would swear Bart Scott is our best Linebacker.

He will be one of the top linebackers this year. Mark my words.