Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Re: Tom Brady is father to 2 children??

Darb, you restrained yourself from chiming in on this learned debate for so long, I am surprised you gave in.
    It's not chiming in on the "debate" itself, it's an annoying habit of mine having to correct people when they're wrong. Makes my married life a lot more entertaining than it really should be.

If people here want to start throwing degrees around, then I'll win. Mine is in a stainless steel frame with bullet proof glass. That thing is dangerous and unbreakable.
    Last edited by darb72; 03-16-2007 at 11:58 PM.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock

While people who attempt to ignore those studies are often those people who can't provide any studies to validate their own stance.

Show me a study that says high school graduates are just as likely to be living at the poverty level as those who didn't graduate high school.

That wasn't my claim. My claim is that it isn't that simple (thank you festivus).

You can't state these things as "rules" or as "fact". If you think the example I gave is the exception to the rule, you probably need to interact with homeless people more: volunteering is a good way.

But people stating statistics as fact . . . whatever floats your boat. But there are studies out there that "prove" a variety on contradicting views. This is why we have politics or discussions of this sort.

Its like arguing over, say, you know who at the QB position. Different stats will say different things, and people on different sides will use said stats to prove that their point is "fact"

When in reality, its more of an opinion that you're supporting with a statistic that you hope is more or less based on fact.

For that matter, there is nothing worse than mistaking correlation with causation.

As for "wreaks" v. "reeks" I dont really proof read these things. I proofread a lot of things, just not message board posts. If I notice the errors after I read the thread again, then I edit.

All this said, I'll stop beating this dead horse here.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post

All this said, I'll stop beating this dead horse here.
    We all thank you.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Sure you can. You can take the good and bad from anything.

Want to talk about a huge dividing point between the races? The War of Northern Aggression.
    Slavery was one reason for the war, which we all agree is a bad thing.
    States Rights was another reason for the war which, depending on your political leanings, is a good thing.
    Slavery = Bad.
    States Rights = Good.
    You completely missed the boat! We're talking morals. A person who holds up certain values, as righteous as they may be, but practices say, slavery, or bigotry, can you call him a man of high morals? Well, you may, but I won't! Nor will I be impressed by, or value, the values held by such persons.

We're talking morals. A person who holds up certain values, as righteous as they may be, but practices say, slavery, or bigotry, can you call him a man of high morals?
    If you're discussing a single person, then no you can't seperate the two. A person who is a bigot isn't a good person. It's that simple.

It is possible to discuss the views on sexuality of a large sampling without taking their views on race into account. Since this conversation is largely based on views of sexuality then I fail to see how racism is of any importance.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock

A few weeks back, CR wrote (in part):
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    If we are talking about a few inches I dont give a shit especially if it isnt packed.
    This was regarding snow on car roofs, and not children out of wedlock, right?

Man, I go away for vacation, and miss this gem of a thread.

BS