Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Tom Brady is father to 2 children??

CBD is right on! Come on Greg.....you a liberal....not by reading your viewpoints. I guess the people of New Orleans had all the help they needed from the Gov and should have just left earlier.....
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

America is by far the wealthiest nation in the world at this point, yet our life expectancy for males is 30th of industrialized nations.
    Dude, LOOK AT THE STATISTICS FOR THESE COUNTRIES! These countries have a much higher rate of the father being in the home. You have done nothing but confirm that the breakup of the nuclear family correlates very closely to social problems.

crazyraven, you make it abundantly clear that you put your own self-interests and pleasures above the best interests of others and our society. You think it is perfectly fine to drive down the road with ice flying off your car and hitting others and you think it is perfectly fine to screw every woman you can and if a baby results a monthly check will take care of it, if you are caught anyway. My talking about you putting your orgasm ahead of all other things is a simple summation of that. You are more interested in your own pleasure than you are our society and those around you. You are quite simply, an extremely selfish person.

HOWEVER, stating that as a fact is an overstatement that people are prone to. There are families that would be better off if the parents were divorced rather than doing a half assed job parenting because they spend most of their energies trying not to kill their mate.
    While there are certainly exceptions to the rule such as an abusive father who shows little to no love, the best thing is a loving, encouraging, strong father in the home. You are trying to refute my case, backed up with statistics and facts with exceptions.

And while The Economist does have a fiscally conservative bent, socially they are quite liberal. That doesn't change the facts. Who do you know that is in poverty who has graduated high school, always had a job even if it were for minimum wage and avoided having children out of wedlock? My guess is nobody. Again, it is simple, make very simple and easily attainable choices and poverty can be overcome. And again, the reason this doesn't happen very often is because for some reason people dismiss this away and instead tell people in poverty it isn't their fault and then they excuse their poor choices as a result of being in poverty when the relationship actually goes the other way. You are harming people in poverty by denying this simple fact and keeping it from them.

Come on Greg.....you a liberal....not by reading your viewpoints. I guess the people of New Orleans had all the help they needed from the Gov and should have just left earlier.....
    I said I was a Libertarian, not a liberal. There is a HUGE difference. And the government did fail the people in New Orleans, particularly the city government who let hundreds of business get ruined in the flood that could have been used to get those people out.

If you are trying to get me to defend government and claim it is efficient you are barking up the wrong tree. Government sucks, that's why we need a lot less of it.

> If you are trying to get me to defend government and claim it is
    > efficient you are barking up the wrong tree. Government sucks,
    > that's why we need a lot less of it.

Yup, a libertarian through and through. Anyone who gets those two words mixed up feel free to look here and here and educate yourself. The single most fundamental difference, and Greg is free to disagree if I'm wrong, being the role of government.

Pretty much everything Greg has written has 'libertarian' all over it. No surprise he cites The Economist, which is an excellent magazine that might particularly appeal to someone with those stripes.

:watching:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Libertarians are socially liberal and economically conservative, always stressing the least amount of government possible. Or in the words of Thomas Jefferson "The government that governs best, governs least." I always laughed my ass off when Clinton would compare himself to Jefferson. And Bush blows as well, I hold both parties in contempt.

I actually first read those statistics in a book called The Great Reckoning. They cited The Economist during a chapter on the causes of poverty.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    And Bush blows as well, I hold both parties in contempt.
    Yup. Libertarians have not had a President they liked in a loooong time. New Presidents come in with their own agendas and normally have to add infrastructure (i.e., more government) to move on them, and George W. is no exception. Perhaps you liked Reagan? I'm not sure he actually *shrank* government, though. If not, how far back do you have to go? Lyndon Johnson, JFK, Nixon, Carter all expanded government's role in our day to day lives.

Normally I'd feel guilty about thread drift, but in this case. . . :whistling:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

LOL, probably pre-Lincoln. At least when Jefferson exceeded what he considered Constitutional power when buying the Lousiana Territory he wrestled with it for a while. I liked Reagan, if he had been elected in 2000 with a Republican Congress we actually might have seen some action. He was limited by a very hostile Congress.

JFK was better than either Bush.

So can we agree that as long as Brady supports his kids he is still a good guy
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    So can we agree that as long as Brady supports his kids he is still a good guy
    We can (and probably should) agree to disagree, and leave it at that. :)
    Festivus

crazyraven, you make it abundantly clear that you put your own self-interests and pleasures above the best interests of others and our society. You think it is perfectly fine to drive down the road with ice flying off your car and hitting others and you think it is perfectly fine to screw every woman you can and if a baby results a monthly check will take care of it, if you are caught anyway. My talking about you putting your orgasm ahead of all other things is a simple summation of that. You are more interested in your own pleasure than you are our society and those around you. You are quite simply, an extremely selfish person.
    Just because i dont give a rats ass about removing snow from the roof of my car because I have other things to do and I dont want to waste time doesnt mean that you can automatically make the assumtion that Crazyraven is out to screw every woman. Sure I like the way it feels without a rubber but you aint gonna catch me with a bunch of kids from different woman. Uh-uh.
    I do take the time to avoid a potential accident.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Just because i dont give a rats ass about removing snow from the roof of my car because I have other things to do and I dont want to waste time ... (snip) ... I do take the time to avoid a potential accident.
    Does anyone else find that funny (in a pitiful sort of way, of course)?

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    Does anyone else find that funny (in a pitiful sort of way, of course)?
    Yeah, I caught that. Not sure if he was trying to be ironic, or if he really is that stupid.

I'll let his comments as they present themselves stand.

As for Brady, I would also prefer to agree to disagree. I don't think fathering multiple children out of wedlock is something that can be dismissed out of hand.