Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Tom Brady is father to 2 children??

Does not effect me/ my family/ my bank acct./ my tix price/ my team.....who cares
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Does not effect me/ my family/ my bank acct./ my tix price/ my team.....who cares
    The societal ills this kind of behavior causes does indeed affect you daily. Your taxes are higher because of it, your likelyhood of being a crime victim is, your family is less safe, etc. It actually effects you detrimentally in every aspect of you and your family's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The societal ills this kind of behavior causes does indeed affect you daily. Your taxes are higher because of it, your likelyhood of being a crime victim is, your family is less safe, etc. It actually effects you detrimentally in every aspect of you and your family's life.
    I have three children, 2 from my first marriage. How do I raise your taxes? How do I raise the crime rate? You are way off base with your prejudiced point of view!

BTW...Tom Brady does seem like the type of guy not to pay child support! He really must be strapped for cash, same with McGahee...(Sarcasm)
    Last edited by Raven Nurse; 03-12-2007 at 09:29 PM.

No, I am not, the statistics clearly show that children that grow up without fathers are more likely to:
    a. be drug addicts
    b. be criminals
    c. be on welfare
    d. get pregnant as teenagers
    e. drop out of school

and that is just scratching the surface.

If you don't think these things raise our taxes, well..., I don't want to insult you.

No, I am not, the statistics clearly show that children that grow up without fathers are more likely to:
    a. be drug addicts
    b. be criminals
    c. be on welfare
    d. get pregnant as teenagers
    e. drop out of school

and that is just scratching the surface.

If you don't think these things raise our taxes, well..., I don't want to insult you.
    Again, I do not think, with all do respect, that Brady, Ray, McGahee will fit into any of your a-e list. Furthermore, either did/ do I. I think what you are trying to say is poverty most often begets poverty. I would agree with that, but, that MOST people, including NFL players and myself, do not fit that mold. If an NFL player did not pay child support, it would be a crime and they would go to jail, and be fined by the NFL

6. Re: Tom Brady is father to 2 children??

1 or 2 of you need to stop beating around the bush and say it. You are blaming what you believe to be a race discrepancy. As was pointed out, this has been all over the news. I hate it when half the NBA has multiple kids by multiple babies Mommas, and I now hate that Brady has multiple kids in the same manner. It just shows an utter lack of maturity. Sure they can afford it- But that isn't the point. He didn't even have a few years in between. 2 different women at the same darn time.

Quote Originally Posted by BertJonesMyHero View Post
    1 or 2 of you need to stop beating around the bush and say it. You are blaming what you believe to be a race discrepancy. As was pointed out, this has been all over the news. I hate it when half the NBA has multiple kids by multiple babies Mommas, and I now hate that Brady has multiple kids in the same manner. It just shows an utter lack of maturity. Sure they can afford it- But that isn't the point. He didn't even have a few years in between. 2 different women at the same darn time.

It just shows a change it time/ culture, not maturity. The Leave It To Beaver days are over, which is demonstrated by decreased marriage numbers and children outside of marriage. It does not matter as long as the children are supported! Not just financially, but a father in their life! This is being done by most pro athletes. You do not hear very often about dead beat fathers in the Pro's. Wife beating is another story. This is not a black / white issue. I know just as many blacks as whites that are having children out of wed lock.

The Leave It To Beaver days are over, which is demonstrated by decreased marriage numbers and children outside of marriage.
    LOL, and did the increase in all of those societal ills that coincided with that escape your attention.

And no, poverty does not beget poverty. POOR BEHAVIOR BEGETS POVERTY! People are poor because they behave poorly, they do not behave poorly because they are poor. The statistics also prove that out.

If you want we can take this to the political forum where I can pull out reems and reems of data that prove that kids from households without fathers have more difficulties than those from nuclear families. And I can show you where the wealth of the family, or class if you prefer, isn't the determinate.

By the way, I am from a divorced, middle class family, I understand it from the logical, statistical point of view because I have read about it. I also understand it from the inside out. As a father maybe you don't understand the impact as much. Sorry, just the way it is.

Greg is 100% on point.

My original point in this thread was to distinguish between Brady and McGahee.

Brady isn't being sued by 3 different women.

McGahee is.

THAT is a major difference.

PP

10. Re: Tom Brady is father to 2 children??

I understand this is not the 1950's anymore. If an unmarried couple want to have a kid, I don't really have a problem as long as they are going to raise the kid together. What I do think is a serious problem is multiple kids with multiple partners. That is never good.

I read above that you don't hear much about rich athletes as dead beat Dads. That is simply not the case. You can read all the time about celebs with multiple out of wed lock kids being pulled into court. They don't always stay rich. See Bobby Brown.

When Rays last contract was being negotiated I read about him needing a big score because of the large family. He had lost much of his income to Lawyers. Well, it might sound harsh, but I don't really care about the size of his family when it comes to his contract. He should get paid for what he does on a football field.

LOL, and did the increase in all of those societal ills that coincided with that escape your attention.

And no, poverty does not beget poverty. POOR BEHAVIOR BEGETS POVERTY! People are poor because they behave poorly, they do not behave poorly because they are poor. The statistics also prove that out.

If you want we can take this to the political forum where I can pull out reems and reems of data that prove that kids from households without fathers have more difficulties than those from nuclear families. And I can show you where the wealth of the family, or class if you prefer, isn't the determinate.

By the way, I am from a divorced, middle class family, I understand it from the logical, statistical point of view because I have read about it. I also understand it from the inside out. As a father maybe you don't understand the impact as much. Sorry, just the way it is.
    I also have a minor in Psychology, and both of your point of views are are common, although misguided, and most often had by well to do (wealthy/ republicans) that last part is my opinion. Again, we are not writing about society, this thread is about Brady and other pro players. So none of your points are valid!

Quote Originally Posted by BertJonesMyHero View Post
    I understand this is not the 1950's anymore. If an unmarried couple want to have a kid, I don't really have a problem as long as they are going to raise the kid together. What I do think is a serious problem is multiple kids with multiple partners. That is never good.

I read above that you don't hear much about rich athletes as dead beat Dads. That is simply not the case. You can read all the time about celebs with multiple out of wed lock kids being pulled into court. They don't always stay rich. See Bobby Brown.

When Rays last contract was being negotiated I read about him needing a big score because of the large family. He had lost much of his income to Lawyers. Well, it might sound harsh, but I don't really care about the size of his family when it comes to his contract. He should get paid for what he does on a football field.
    Bobby Brown is your example of my pro athlete comment. Of course, there are exceptions to every rule, but Bobby Brown....Maybe because he is black....ultimate sarcasm