Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Tom Brady is father to 2 children??

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    That Honey I'm home nonesense is long gone.
    Link, please.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

There's a small difference, but Tom Brady writing big checks and seeing his kid every other weekend isn't being a father. It's one thing to go through a divorce and want to be a father each and every day and another to fitting a kid into your schedule when convenient.
    The thing is Greg, if the mother has custody of the child, that might be the visitation rights.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The guy doesnt want to commit to one woman. Nothing wrong with that as long as he pays the bills and is part of the kids life. That Honey I'm home nonesense is long gone.
    Kids raised without their father in the home are much more likely to have troubled lives.

Girls without fathers are much more likely to be depressed, become sexually active earlier and thus get pregnant or pick up a disease. Boys without fathers are much more likely to commit crimes, become drug addicts, drop out of school and end up in prison.

There is a reason social taboos exist, it is because society figured out long ago children raised in a nuclear family grow up to be happier, healthier and more productive. It's a shame we have dismissed it in favor of a feel good society with a bunch of men more interested in getting their rocks off than being a responsible father for the children they have brought into this world.

Darb, then maybe he should keep it in his pants, if you aren't able to, for any reason, be a full time father you shouldn't be having sex. </SOAPBOX>

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Many couples are choosing not to get married or raising kids with out the traditional mothers and fathers. This is a new America. I say good for him.
    This is the dumbest thing I've read on this board since CR's idiotic rant about how he's too busy to clear ice and snow off the roof of his car. Look, Tom Brady's personal life is none of my business and I don't really care too much what he does, but saying "good for him" because he's having kids out of wedlock? What exactly is good about that? And don't tell me it's good because he's writing big checks because (1) you don't know if he is, and (2) there is more to being a father than writing checks.

crazyraven is more interested in orgasms than responsiblity to children.

Greg, Crazy stated "That honey I'm home nonsense is dead." That's a statement of fact. Surely in a moment he will back it up with a link. If he can't or won't, perhaps he is mistaken, or making a (very) broad generalization based on his personal life experience.

Speaking of links, here's an interesting statistic:
    > 52.6 percent of related U.S. children under six who live in families
    > with female householders with no husband present were in poverty
    > in 2004, about five times the rate of their counterparts in married
    > couple families (10.1 percent).

Nice. Greg, as you can see, nearly half of the single mom householders with kids under six make so much we don't even think of them as impoverished.

I can't see why you would find the practice of having kids outside wedlock inappropriate at all. Contraception being so darned difficult and all.

:brickwall:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Nicely done, Festivus. But it will naturally sail over CR's head.

As I said. :brickwall:
    Festivus

Darb, then maybe he should keep it in his pants, if you aren't able to, for any reason, be a full time father you shouldn't be having sex. </SOAPBOX>
    If I remember correctly, sex was a pretty fun way to pass the time back when I was having it. Now unless Brady was raping that woman, which I'm pretty sure he wasn't, then she shares the responsiblity for birth control.

Let's say they both agreed to have the child. We all know custody is going to the mother 90% of the time unless she's proven unfit. Brady and What'sHerName don't have a relationship like normal people do. They don't live in the same town and work 9-to-5 jobs. For the first couple of years every other weekend is probably the best plan for visitation rights. Brady will be flying off for away games, sponsorships, ect... She'll have movies to shoot, blah blah blah... It's just better for the child not to be flying all over the country.

Now I'm not defending Brady, nor am I bashing the guy which is pretty much my attitude towards Willis. I don't know enough about either situation to instantly declare the guys jerks.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Greg, Crazy stated "That honey I'm home nonsense is dead." That's a statement of fact. Surely in a moment he will back it up with a link. If he can't or won't, perhaps he is mistaken, or making a (very) broad generalization based on his personal life experience.
    Well look I dont have a link to support what I said and true its an absoute generalization but look around and open your eyes. I see many people either getting diviorced or playing the field and not owning up to there responsiblities. I know a few maryland based cops who have families without any marriage and each one provides and is part of their childrens lives.

Now It seems the stats that you provide show that (women) who go at it alone are in poverty. That's a lot different than what where talking about here. Who said brady is not helping out? Who said he was a deadbeat dad? If he is then hell ya, fuck him but he's a good guy and even if hes not Im sure he has enough Money or the right PR people to at least make the problem go away to benifit himself , the woman and the child. Marriage isnt for everyone. So what?
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Crazy -
    I know plenty of police, too, and I'll leave it at that, if you know what I mean.

Noone's saying Brady's a deadbeat, but Greg was saying, hey, that's not the fatherly thing to do, I respect him less. Children growing up in a single parent home tend to suffer various ills, and even if Brady helps out as best he can, (a) he's not *there* for his kids, and (b) he's not exactly setting the best example for young football fans around the globe.

> So what?
    So his behavior is, in the eyes of some like myself, less respectable. It's an opinion, grounded in tradition though as you point out, not universally held.

That's what Greg was saying, I'm inclined to agree with him myself. I do, like yourself, hope dad Brady is doing what he can, from a distance.

:toast:
    Festivus

The guy's children are a lot more likely to have many problems because there is no father present. Money does NOT solve that.

A perfect example; Anna Nicole Smith's son who just died 6 months or so ago. If I thought crazyraven were reasonable enough that he could be swayed I would look up the statistics of children raised in homes without fathers. I am currently reading Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters and the facts are plain and clear. In this case it deals just with daughters, the facts are even more stark for boys without fathers who will find male role models to emulate. And often those they emulate are the ones they see with money who don't work. Wonder how they get that money?

It is just fucking irresponsible to have children outside marriage and stick the rest of us with the societal ills created, his money makes up for some of it but not all of it.