Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cut Day

Cut Day

I thought we could pool some interesting names or big names that have appeared on the wire throughout the day. Also if any of those names have a bearing on the Ravens with a possible pickup.

So far I found Adam Terry back out there. A familiar name and I was just thinking about our tackle issues at the moment. We should be adequate at the position for right now however.

Adam Terry

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-Favorite.html

I can't wait to see that unexpected name hit. There are always a few. Thoughts? News?

Re: Cut Day

Yeah, I am sure Ozzie and Co. are hustling today trying to get better at virtually every position. I think you hit the nail on the head that RT is probably a big focus for them though...

Have you heard of any other notable names being cut?

Nothing at the moment. Right now all the news is about the Ravens cuts. I know there will be some former 1st and 2nd round picks out there.

Barnes to Eagles....WOW
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Blog Entries

biggest one so far is TJ Housh...seems like lots more will be rolling in, biggest suspected one is Leinart.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

6. Re: Cut Day

Adam Terry?

No thanks. We have enough tackles that are injured without another one to add to the list. Terry is one of the top ten busts in Baltimore Draft history. Played too soft and never could stay on the field.

As for the Barnes trade it looks like Oz has recouped the pick they spent on Wilson.

Some rumors from Seattle. Seahawks eying to cut JP Losman. Possible replacements... Matt Leinhart, Patrick Ramsey, and our own Troy Smith
    Suckers!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mwjergs View Post
    Adam Terry?

No thanks. We have enough tackles that are injured without another one to add to the list. Terry is one of the top ten busts in Baltimore Draft history. Played too soft and never could stay on the field.
    Didn't follow him with Colts, he may be healthy enough to be solid depth until Cousins and Gaither are ready to go. You'd have to swap him out with Harewood though, and you have to wonder if Harewood is more valuable to keep around because of his developmental prospects.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    biggest suspected one is Leinart.
    Are you sure the league isn't waiting for our Heisman trophy winner to be cut..LOL
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Was I not paying attention over the last few years, or is there more action today than normal?

Blog Entries

You can thank Twitter for that....in previous years, you just get a recap of the moves after the fact. With twitter, you have agents, players, and beat writers submitting rumors and statements as news items ahead of an official team report.

Blog Entries

Most CBs will probably hit our radar at the moment...but an interesting one is Karl Paymah. Former pick of the Broncos, was with the Vikes last year. Made some plays, not a real starter.

Only downside is you guarantee his salary for whole year if he's here week 1. Paymah is an upgrade over Fisher though