Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: COMING SOON: The Baltimore Blackout

awlful.....waving towels like some gay steeler fans? no thanks.

Re: COMING SOON: The Baltimore Blackout

Seriously, why is everyone obsessed with what Pittsburgh does or doesn't do? I'm fairly certain that most NFL fans of other teams also have towels. So, because Pittsburgh fans cheer we can't cheer too? That's gay, friend. So, what do you suggest in lieu of towels? Should I bring in a 6 X 4 quadrant of my picket fence for "D Fence, D Fence?" Should I wear five foot long faux-Raven wings (ala Icarus) and flap before every play? No. The blackout towel will show my support, wipe my brow, and fit snugly in my pocket.
    Stealthbirds80 is right...everyone waving towels will look like a quorum of ravens. Cool image.

3. Re: COMING SOON: The Baltimore Blackout

Dont Focus on Pittsburgh focus on Baltimore and what we can do to alter the experience at OUR stadium. If we can do anything as fans to change the way our players play, how the other teams play in our house and enhance the way the stadium feels...I am all for it. That is a true 12th man. Fans that harp on what the steelers do...move to pittsburgh if you are that infatuated. OH YEAH since pittsburgh wears cleats...guess we cant do that either, grow a set and like the video says...EVOLVE just a little.

Killer Idea! While we blackout the stadium, just sit in your seat and do nothing!
    Ravens 2K10! Super Bowl Bound!

Edit: I didn't notice the bit at the end about proceeds going to the McGahee foundation.

Making it an instrument of charity is the right way to do a Baltimore towel, so I'm all for it.
    Last edited by DVGN; 09-04-2010 at 04:47 PM.
    "You don't adjust. You just dominate."
    -Al Davis

"I'm a machine, jerk!"
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Meh, I could take it or leave it.
    I really don't think stuff like that is intimidating to the opponents on the field.
    Now come out and let some crap like This happen and I'll be impressed at the intimidation factor.
    Total awesomeness now do it lol:D

Not crazy about following any pitts traditions, but a stadium full of black towels being waved by a bunch of screaming lunatic Ravens fans...

I think I like it!
    "Well, I'd rather live with the hound dogs, for the rest of my natural-born life." Swamp Music by Lynyrd Skynyrd

Didn't the Ravens try this already, only with purple towels. No need to do this. Especially when its just copying the piss rags.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

I'm down. My only concern is when the steelers come the towels will be black and gold...its going to look very Pittsburgh in there.

I sort of look at it from the perspective of...

"Why not take their tradition and blow them away with it?"

How could they ever match a coordinated effort like Baltimore Blackout? And who cares if there are gold towels amongst the black? It will show even more just how few there really are.

By the way Ravens management, if you are perusing these threads, can't you pass a stadium resolution forbidding gold towels? After all, the NFL now allows home teams the right to enhance the home team's game experience. Don't know about you but I've never seen a Ravens fan waving a gold towel unless it was on fire and I highly doubt their presence at M&T enhances any experience.

Just sayin'...
    Last edited by TL24x7; 09-05-2010 at 03:33 PM.

Who cares what Pitt does. They all now yell Heath just like we started Heap...who cares. I'm down for a blackout!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

11. Re: COMING SOON: The Baltimore Blackout

This would only work if the Ravens did this as an organization and handed them out one night game. I do like how the black towels look like ravens wings flapping around.

If they only sell them in the lots or online they won't sell enough to even notice, even if it's for good cause.

I'd get a black jersey if they did this for night games. But if it's in december or a cold weather game people are just going to wear whatever color their cold gear jacket is.

It's very impressive to see the rock the red (indoors) or the Penn state white out, but we don't have a crazy student section.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I'm down. My only concern is when the steelers come the towels will be black and gold...its going to look very Pittsburgh in there.
    Well if idiots stop selling tickets to the Inbred fans than this wouldn't be a problem.