Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Giants need a QB!

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Yeah, Troy for a 5th rounder is pure fantasy. I'm beginning to wonder if Troy for a 7th rounder isn't fantasy. Fact is there's just no market for him as things stand. Troy should have a plenty of snaps in Thursday's scrubs-vs.-scrubs match in St. Louis and if he does well AND if some other team's backup gets hurt, then maybe ... MAYBE ...we could get a low-rounder for him. Even that seems a bit of a long shot.
    As weird as this sounds, if Troy can continue to show improvement in his short passing game like he did last week, then it will show he can make all of the throws. That might go a long way to the Ravens gettign anything for him.

Listen people, LISTEN! There is no way that the Giants are giving up a pick for Troy Smith. Considering that he'll likely be cut anyway and isn't a very sought after QB, they'll wait til the dominos fall and scoop up the pieces they want.

Wink Re: Giants need a QB!

With Leinart now in the market going into an uncapped season, it's a pipe dream that any NFL team would give up anything for Smith. More likely, if there had been any teams looking for a new #3 QB to pick up after the final cuts, Leinart's appearance further reduces the number. I would expect the Giants to offer a low rounder for Leinart and snag him, unless some other team were to make a foolish bid.

I see almost no risk just releasing Smith. With Smith and possibly Beck in the unemployed ranks, there should be someone available who could be easily picked up if one of our QBs sustained an injury.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    With Leinart now in the market going into an uncapped season, it's a pipe dream that any NFL team would give up anything for Smith. More likely, if there had been any teams looking for a new #3 QB to pick up after the final cuts, Leinart's appearance further reduces the number. I would expect the Giants to offer a low rounder for Leinart and snag him, unless some other team were to make a foolish bid.

I see almost no risk just releasing Smith. With Smith and possibly Beck in the unemployed ranks, there should be someone available who could be easily picked up if one of our QBs sustained an injury.
    Agreed

Note that Troy is getting a full game this evening accoding to the Balto Sun.

Shop window anyone?
    "We ain't stinking Redskins fans in this Town sonny!"

There's nothing that Troy Smith has shown me that warrant any GM giving much for him. Seems like he's just one of many so-so QBs out there. I'm not sure if he'll ever be good enough to be an NFL QB, backup or otherwise.

As for Beck, I thought Washington just signed him to a two year deal?

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    Note that Troy is getting a full game this evening accoding to the Balto Sun.

Shop window anyone?
    Yup, last chance fire sale on Troy. All prices slashed. Do come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    There's nothing that Troy Smith has shown me that warrant any GM giving much for him. Seems like he's just one of many so-so QBs out there. I'm not sure if he'll ever be good enough to be an NFL QB, backup or otherwise.

The Washington Redskins have signed quarterback John Beck to a three-year contract worth $3.35 million.

The deal is essentially a two-year extension and puts Beck under contract through the 2012 season.
    Last edited by Bez513; 09-02-2010 at 11:45 AM.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Wink Re: Giants need a QB!

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    Obviously, someone from Little Danny's staff read my post about Beck being available this season and immediately decided to take him off the street.:D
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Well, if the Cards get rid of Leinart, how about Troy as the backup to Anderson? Then, when Anderson starts to flop, as he has usually done in the past, there would be a good chance for Troy to start over in the desert.

Both Leinart and Smith are career backups, but their styles are so different that they're not likely to be sought after by the same teams this year. It's a relatively safe bet that if we let Smitty go, the Browns will find value in him just because they want to be like us so badly...

After tonight I don't think anyone would trade an empty gatorade bottle for Smith. He is not an NFL QB. If the Ravens must carry 3 QBs then i think they can find someone off a scrap heap that is better than Smith. Hell, bring back Boller. He may bring his wife and they can put her up on the Jumbotron.