Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Don't Let the Door Hit Ya, Jamal

“There have been no adjustments there or no moves made there. I wanted to get out of that deal and get out of Baltimore.”

That's right. Jamal wanted to get out from under the burdensome 'deal' that would have paid him $5m this year, it was *his* idea that he get cut.

Good riddance. I bet he has a terrible year with Clowns.

edit: added link
    Last edited by festivus; 03-09-2007 at 10:39 AM. Reason: adding this link
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Re: Don't Let the Door Hit Ya, Jamal

Honestly, I always wanted to like Jamal, but I never really warmed up to him.

The jail time, injuries, and constant carry-mongering to the media got to me.

I understand you want those 25-30 carries...but if you get all your yardage in the late 3rd and 4th quarters, that's not helping anyone. If the game is won by that point great. If we're significantly behind, then things need to change.

I'll always remember the cleveland game, watching that in cleveland with my friends who are all rabid browns fans. I think that was better than the super-bowl for pissing them off.

...well that and I could never get over the fact that Jamal couldn't ever really run outside or catch well. Every swing pass I held by breath. Things have gotten better and I don't wish the guy ill....but at some point have some class. He should feel fortunate the Ravens stuck with him through his legal troubles and took a chance on him again afterwards.

At some point, he needs to take responsibility for the fact it's on him to produce and it just didn't happen.

Wait..is this the same Festivus who wanted to restructure Jamal, "Because they lack depth at RB, and can use his diminished skills" (posted on the 'Restucturing Jamal' thread)??? Which is it? Keep him or boot him??

4. Re: Don't Let the Door Hit Ya, Jamal

Based upon the Ravens 1 year $2 million offer and the lack of interest from most other NFL teams, safe to assume that most teams feel Jamal is no longer a difference maker.

If Jamal wanted out of Baltimore so bad, why did he continue to negotiate with the Ravens?

Jamal wants more carries, try putting up better stats. Jamal is another example of a player having a hard to dealing with reality, he is no longer as good as he thinks he is.

notice Jamal taking shots at his former team, while McGahee said he wanted to thank the bills for drafting him and giving him the oppurtunity

I don't like all this talk in the newspaper about current and former employers. If all of us went to the newspaper to air our dirty laundry about our employers, we would all be fired.

I have no problem with J.O. talking to Ozzie as long as it stays between them. Jamal Lewis should leave graciously because we stood behind him with all of his off the field issues. The Ravens could have divorced him and moved on. Last year's contract was a pure gift, because Jamal did not earn his salary, as far as I'm concerned.

Keep burning bridges Jamal and you will find yourself behind the 8 ball.

This guy is such an asshole, I swear. Get some class.

YOU WEREN'T GETTING 30 CARRIES A GAME BECAUSE YOU SUCKED!

Quote Originally Posted by ravcol View Post
    Wait..is this the same Festivus who wanted to restructure Jamal, "Because they lack depth at RB, and can use his diminished skills" (posted on the 'Restucturing Jamal' thread)??? Which is it? Keep him or boot him??
    Yes, it's the same Festivus. We could have used Jamal, if we could have afforded him, notwithstanding the weakness of his character. Once Ovie was gone we lacked a bruising blocker at FB, which further diminished the value of Jamal.

I would not have minded resigning him at a discount, as I said then, but I am glad to have upgraded. It's simple.

Go ahead, quote me against myself Ravcol. I don't mind, but hopefully in time you will have more to contribute then attempted cheap shots.

Cheers!
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I agree, you can be mad....but you can still say

"im happy baltimore gave me the opportunity to play in the league ..." and then talk about all the good things in cleveland like starting, the line, lots of carries, and Phil.

not that hard, all these interviews are PR spins anyhow.

Someone have a link to McGahee's statements, I'd like to read that.

Jamal is trying to suck up to the folks in Cleveland. What better way then to badmouth Baltimore? I wouldn't put much stock in his comments. He wanted to return and if he was the same player he was in 2003, he would have commanded more interest than just from the Browns. Notice he jumped right on the deal as soon as it was offered without visiting any other teams?

Anyone who knows anything about football can see McGahee is an upgrade over Jamal.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    Someone have a link to McGahee's statements, I'd like to read that.
    "It looks like the press conference for Willis McGahee's official introduction as a Raven is scheduled for 1:00 today at team headquarters. He's going to be flanked by coach Billick and Ozzie, much like last year's with Steve McNair."

source

He helped us get a "Ring"...that's all that matters and that's how I'll remember him.