Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

The Beltway Rivalry - Redskins and Co already bitching

I'll grant them that some Balitmorons will be making a huge deal out of a Ravens win in a preseason game where we had plenty of problems...but this is ridiculous.

So first of all, the inlaws said something this morning. One is a Raider fans and said Ravens were classless idiots for giving Zorn a gatorade shower after a preseason game. My FIL just said some crap about Ravens not enjoying this for too long, he and I get along well though because he respects the Ravens being a good team, said the matchup between us is only worthwhile in a Super Bowl, I agree.

So then on Twitter, I'm seeing Phillip Daniels, going ON and ON and ON about dumb crap...

WAAAAH, we had a starting safety injured on a fake punt in a preseason

WAAAAAAH, why would they give him a gatorade bath, that's just so stupid

WAAAAAAAAAAH, RBs shouldn't be allowed to stiff arm, it'll injure me.

Seriously????? It's FOOTBALL, crap happens. Kareem Moore injured himself WHEN NO ONE TOUCHED HIM, running to catch up to Nakamura. Just as even a chance he's injured blocking on a return of the punt. And no stiff arms? Really? Because that's only been a part of football...ummm, FOREVER!

The gatorade bath thing, I'll take my lumps on that one. Sure, it's probably not the classiest thing to do, but we don't care what the Redskins think, we care what Zorn thinks. And after the mess he was in here, I bet he enjoyed it. I know if the Panthers had won last week and they gave Clausen or Moore a gatorade bath, I might've not been happy, but I wouldn't be crying about it.

Just seems like already, our brothers to the south are ready to not move on from a meaningless game and instead try to paint us as classless, idiotic, reckless villians.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: The Beltway Rivalry - Redskins and Co already bitching

Yeah, that Gatorade bath was a little cheesy, but come on now.

Zorn was screwed the day he met Snyder and was put in the situation he was put in, and everybody in the NFL and watches fooyball knows it.

I think that gatorade bath was strickly done to tell Zorn he's part of the Raven family now, and to forget about the nightmare he was put through last year.

Corny yes, but was done with a specific purpose in mind I believe.

The stiff arm?

Are you fucking kidding me?

Nothing wrong with a player displaying his abilitys, particurally when he might be trade bait.
    Next thing you know we'll have to tell QBs not to throw the ball deeper then 10 yards during the pre-season.
    Wouldn't want a cornerback to pull a hammy running with a receiver in a deep pattern.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

The gatorade bath deal was a cap of all of the shananagans that were already taking place on the sideline anyway, but also a slap in the face. Others in the NFL know how much of a joke that Skins organization has become. Trust me it is no different than hearing about a job that a friend of yours works for that takes the whole company to Hawaii while you get a can of cream corn as a bonus. It sounds as if they do not enjoy football over there. We looked like a team that is just that, a team and more of a family than anything. I love our atmosphere and that closeness will take us far.

Stiff arm complaining ? Oh that's real nice. Playing hard is the reason why we have avoided injuries thus far.

This is nothing new. Skins fans are the biggest bunch of pussies in the league, second only to Browns' fans.

How many times have we heard certain Skins fans proclaim the Super Bowl Championship every summer, only to whine every year around Halloween? For a classic example, check out the Scout board's own Kenskin.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    How many times have we heard certain Skins fans proclaim the Super Bowl Championship every summer, only to whine every year around Halloween?
    Didn't you know the Redskins are the off season champions every year.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

This is just another example of how the Redskins and their fanbase is extremely jealous that we got another team after the Colts left, and that we are more successful than they are as a franchise at this point in time.

It's as I told one of my Redskin fan friends the other day, they care so much more about this "rivalry" than we as Ravens fans do. I could not care any less about the Washington Redskins unless we have to play them in the regular/post season. And then it's just another game.

Do you know how many times I heard yesterday (since I had my McGahee Jersey on) that the Skins were going to kick the crap out of us? I almost fell on the floor. Seriously, it is PRESEASON!!!!

Get rid of stiff arms? That doesn't even merit a response

I don't hate the Skins like most do around here but the more and more Redskins fans I meet, it makes me want to hate them. I know several who hate the Ravens more than they hate the Cowboys. Why? Because we are more successful? They win something for god's sake!

I would not want to catch one of those stiff arms. Carlos Rodgers was humilated and very well could have been injured. Keeping his head on a swivel would have only made it worse.

Just try to look at that same game from a DC perspective. Its like why did they just come down here and punk us in a meaningless preseason game? I thought this was supposed to be practice.

People here are complaing they got too many yards, but down there, they have to be like what happened? Why did we only get 3 points and the QB nearly got knocked out and picked off 3 times. Every time they ran the bal it was for a loss. It was funny how the commentators picked up on the fact the Ravens are better off facing 3rd and 1 than 3rd and long. They could not block the DL. We did not have they kind of pass pro we saw at times last year, but our QBs stayed clean. There were no sack dances or forced fumble 6 recoverys to complain about.

The Ravens have a SB caliber team, so even with backup CBs and no Ed Reed we want shut outs, and that is all good even if unrealistic.

:T2:

Blog Entries

The Beltway Rivalry? Battle of the Beltway? Beltway? As in singular, without a specifier. That's the Washington Beltway, which is the infuriating typo we so oft see out of the D.C. media whenever we see a Ravens/Skins or O's/Nats matchup. "Battle of the Beltway" implies a battle between two teams from the same market, the city team (them) against the suburban team (us), and is arrogant typical Washingtonian bullshit. This game and our teams do not have jack all to do with Washington

It's Battle of the Beltway"S"

As for the Nakamura return, I think it is important to remember that the intent was to get a first down. It isn't our fault we executed it too well and Kareem Moore can't run without falling over his own feet. Those Phillip Daniels tweets are just pathetic. That man is way WAY too old to be that much of a little girl. But McGahee does have a NASTY stiff-arm. :D

Snyder absolutely deserved that Gatorade bath to be plastered all over the TV. The Ravens should have taken Zorn up to Danny's suite and done it right in front of him.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

While I agree there is no Ravens-Deadskins rivalry as such, my old prejudices are hard to stifle. Fact is, I hate the Deadskins worse than the Steelers. Always have. There, I said it. Maybe a holdover from my childhood days before the merger, but there you go. If you compare Dan Snyder vs. the Rooney family, there's not much question of who has more class.

Snyder is a classless owner who has run a classless organization since he bought the team. OK, the Zorn Gatorade bath was cheesy, no argument there. I loved it anyway, and for the same reason that I hope Jason Campbell has a great season in Oakland this year.

The only thing I like better than a Deadskins loss on any gameday is a Ravens win. Any loss by the Indianapolis Irsays runs a close third.

Not that I have strong feelings or hold grudges or anything.

It may not be much of a rivalry to some fans bc we literally push their shti in every year (pre or reg), but I hate the Skins more than any team in the league. I live in Richmond, VA (AKA South Washington during the months of August - October) and having to listen to the local jocks talk about this team every day makes me want to drive into oncoming traffic. Just the sheer hope they have every year makes me sick to my stomach. The two good thing's that come out of being in the Skins market is that the bars are empty after week six so you can get great seating & most of their jackass fans pick their players 2 rounds before they should in every fantasy league.