Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: I would never come on here and...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I suppose this is an attempt at political-esque humor?

Chicken Little does not suit you. You may feel ok throwing Flacco under the bus in week two of pre-season. Or maybe this was a veiled attempt to poke fun at the other members who are legit Chicken Littles?

Either way, I think the consensus is you missed the mark. Big time.
    Not to mention he was just plain wrong for most of the reasons called out in OP.

he was only 13-16...with 2 dropped passes. So outside of being nearly perfect

There was 1 dropped pass that wasn't an easy catch. The other two incompletions were straight misses, not drops. There were also a few balls that required terrific catches (David Reed made the team last night) as well. "Nearly perfect" isn't how I'd describe Bulger's performance, though admittedly he looked very solid.

And outside of one pass, Joe Flacco looks no more able to throw a ball in the middle of the field

You give credit to Bulger for dropped passes, but hammer Flacco when his receivers drop catchable balls? Um, okay...

let alone to a wide receiver again. But he is a hell of a dump off to a running back QB.

Three of his nine receptions were to RBs. And those three "dump off to a running back" passes? Screens. They're designed to go to the back, they don't qualify as "dump off" passes.

I wouldn't say anything about the lack of composure that Cool Joe shows.

Talking out of your @$$ for the sake of making a point doesn't accomplish much.

I won't argue that Bulger looked better than Flacco did last night. But there's a reason I posted what I did earlier. Curtis Painter looked better than Peyton Manning Thursday night. I'm pretty certain you'd have a tough time finding one single thread started by a Colts fan hinting that Painter might be the way they need to go this season.

Stop being ridiculous.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Bad topic.

Flacco had a decent night, Bulger was on fire. It was one game. Some guys can go to Augusta and shoot a 7 under in a round, but when Sunday comes and that 3 shot lead they had 2 days earlier is a 12 shots behind 50th place finish.

Bulger had a hot night, he looked great. And if Flacco gets a hurt ankle like he did in Minny last year there might be a few games after that where he is the better choice.

But Flacco is the QB of this team.

I like Sevines thread. Don't agree with it and not sure he does. It was light and kinda funny.

Yeah, I dunno if the thread was begun with the intention of being serious or tongue-in-cheek. But I loved PSU's response. Cracked me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lap View Post
    I like Sevines thread. Don't agree with it and not sure he does. It was light and kinda funny.
    I thought G-7's thread wreaked of awesomeness, because it is a well-known fact on Ravens message boards that a large percentage of posters become very anal whenever a perceived slight is issued to the expected savior of Baltimore Football.

Lighten up, grow a sense of humor and take #5's tallywacker out of your pieholes, people... The man was making a JOKE!

The ONLY way ANYONE is inserted for Flack this season is if he's injured or the Ravens are up by 3 touchdowns or more at the end of the 3rd Quarter. I think most people with functioning brains understand that.

Good job, G-7... I got a chuckle out of it...:D

Do Ray Rice next when Willis or Parmalee outrush him against the Bloody Eli's...

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    I thought G-7's thread wreaked of awesomeness, because it is a well-known fact on Ravens message boards that a large percentage of posters become very anal whenever a perceived slight is issued to the expected savior of Baltimore Football.

Lighten up, grow a sense of humor and take #5's tallywacker out of your pieholes, people... The man was making a JOKE!

The ONLY way ANYONE is inserted for Flack this season is if he's injured or the Ravens are up by 3 touchdowns or more at the end of the 3rd Quarter. I think most people with functioning brains understand that.

Good job, G-7... I got a chuckle out of it...:D

Do Ray Rice next when Willis or Parmalee outrush him against the Bloody Eli's...
    Nah dude...no joke here. I was serious when stated that I would never come on here and make some insane comment like there might be a time this season when Marc Bulger would be a better choice than Joe Flacco. I am passionate about this.

I apologize for offending the usual suspects on this board that are easily jostled when I warn them of a G7 call-out if they challenge my heroes.

If I have to I will gather up all of my Flacco bobbleheads and go home if they start saying mean things about Joe. In Flacco, We Stand

Two weeks in and here we go.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Just to think we were talking shit about Sanchize and Matty Ryan last week.

Ryan had a big game, yeah against the Cards.
    Sanchize is looking good so far against the Patsy's.

I swear if I would have seen Joe today I would have punched him dead in his uni-brow.

How about that defense, no TD's in 2 games, smells like 2000, good D, no O, buut wait what about all of the off season moves. I guess we can't blame Boldin he was only wide open (10 -15 yards) already celebrating a TD grab, but he didn't have the ball yet, o'yeah Flaco has to throw it first.

Hey somebody go grab Chris Chester and put him in a Batting Cage and tape him to the fence and put it on fast pitch and let the balls rack.

Before they bench Joe, they will scale back the #'s of throws he makes. Just run and play D and special teams. The Steelers won their two games that way. No more shooting this team in the foot. We have too much talent to waste it. Boldin was pissed and so is the fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Before they bench Joe, they will scale back the #'s of throws he makes. Just run and play D and special teams. The Steelers won their two games that way. No more shooting this team in the foot. We have too much talent to waste it. Boldin was pissed and so is the fan base.
    Scale back? With our talent? This organization is beyond scaling back.
    The way this organization has handled it's QBs ever since Dilfer, i can't help to think we are cursed. What a debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Scale back? With our talent? This organization is beyond scaling back.
    The way this organization has handled it's QBs ever since Dilfer, i can't help to think we are cursed. What a debacle.

Really wishing against that, but not far off. I will still give him a couple games to right him. The D is superbowl ready.