Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would you trade McGahee for a solid vet No. 3 corner?

Your vote is welcomed and appreciated on our home page

Re: Would you trade McGahee for a solid vet No. 3 corner?

I vote no. The Ravens backfield of Rice, McGahee and McClain is one of if not the best backfield in the NFL.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

No. McGahee is a starting caliber running back - you trade him for no less than a starting caliber cornerback.
    ERIG20, your local draftnik

Signature currently under construction

Quote Originally Posted by edreedisgod20 View Post
    No. McGahee is a starting caliber running back - you trade him for no less than a starting caliber cornerback.
    I agree.

I would need a name, and I really think you can find CBs easier than you can find a guy who finds the endzone the way Willis was last year.

:T2:

I could be wrong, but ...weren't Walt Harris & Travis Fisher supposed to fall under the heading of "solid vet No. 3 corners" or something close to that? Harris was a bust in camp and by all accounts Fisher isn't impressing anyone.

The difference is, those guys didn't cost us a player of McGahee's caliber. Much as I like Willis, I could see trading him under the right circumstances. But if we're only getting a No. 3 caliber corner and no other considerations ...then I say pass. Might as well wait for late roster cuts for a No. 3/4 corner and keep Willis.

6. Re: Would you trade McGahee for a solid vet No. 3 corner?

I would trade Willis for Champ Bailey, but not for a guy that won't have a significant role.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    I would trade Willis for Champ Bailey, but not for a guy that won't have a significant role.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    I could be wrong, but ...weren't Walt Harris & Travis Fisher supposed to fall under the heading of "solid vet No. 3 corners" or something close to that? Harris was a bust in camp and by all accounts Fisher isn't impressing anyone.

The difference is, those guys didn't cost us a player of McGahee's caliber. Much as I like Willis, I could see trading him under the right circumstances. But if we're only getting a No. 3 caliber corner and no other considerations ...then I say pass. Might as well wait for late roster cuts for a No. 3/4 corner and keep Willis.
    No...
    Harris, coming off ACL was an aging hope and a prayer, that fell short.
    Fisher was a solid Vet #5, not likely better in any area then Frank Walker.

But NO... not a third Cb, we have half a dozen of them already, we need a real legitimate starter.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    No...
    Harris, coming off ACL was an aging hope and a prayer, that fell short.
    Fisher was a solid Vet #5, not likely better in any area then Frank Walker.

Don't think I'd go quite that far. The No. 3 tag may be a slight stretch. But clearly the coaches had higher hopes than No. 5 for at least one of them, particularly since at the time Washington's return was more questionable. As to comparisons of either guy with Mr. Penalty Machine, well ...who knows? Maybe Fisher will be around long enough to show us one way or another, or maybe he won't. I'm not sure it matters at this point.

I do know that McGahee can give more to our offense than a nondescript No. 3 corner would give to our defense.

Blog Entries

Willis is a starting caliber back in our opinion...around the league, he is a promising challenger for a starting role

So if we traded him for a #3 CB who could be challenge for a starting spot, I would accept. If it's a #3 like Corey Ivy was a couple years ago, no thanks.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I agree with most that I would not trade him for unless the name Champ and Bailey are involved and even that doesn't seem safe when we are a running team.

Quote Originally Posted by edreedisgod20 View Post
    this
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid