Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Gaither Out for Preseason, availability for opener in doubt

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

I really hope he can get healthy before the season starts because if he Isnt the Jets pass rush is gonna kill flacco. Oher definatly didnt look like he was ready to step up and be the LT in the first preseason game. If Gaither doesnt come back healthy and Oher really step it up our Oline could be in real trouble

Re: Gaither Out for Preseason

More on this topic from Aaron Wilson HERE

Re: Gaither Out for Preseason, availability for opener in doubt

You can really only feel so sorry for the guy. Aaron's article basically says he did it to himself with that weight loss.

I like the guy, I think he's a pretty good tackle that has the ability to be great if he wants to. But man, the guy is just a ball full of problems. I'd bet if Cousins looks shaky at all that we're drafting a tackle and letting Gaither walk.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

But... I thought he was faking? That's what everyone around here made it seem like.

5. Re: Gaither Out for Preseason, availability for opener in doubt

I slept like crap last night.

My girlfriend said I kept waking up in the middle of the night screaming, "GOD DAMN IT COUSINS".

I'm not feeling too great about the games against the Jets and Steelers with the Oher/Cousins combo at tackle.

Maybe put Yanda at tackle and Cousins at backup. I'm not going to let this ruin my faith in our ability to beat blitzing teams or any team for that matter. Play more two TE's sets to offset the weakness at tackle if you have to. Who knows, the light bulb could go on for Cousins and were talking about who is Gaither? I used to play football and a bad back is no joke even in the real world, but I'm wondering how many other players on the OL and in the league that may have a little ding here and there, maybe even a back issue and we do not hear about it. Either he is injury prone or I should be questioning his toughness. I really am getting tired of this back and forth with him even if he is not faking this time. Something is alway wrong with him. An OL is all about toughness, consistency, and dependabilty, which one does Gaither fall under?

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Maybe put Yanda at tackle and Cousins at backup.
    I think that's a definite possibility. Cousins probably gets this next game to make his case, and if he falters, then Yanda probably starts taking reps at RT by early next week.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Gaither is a bigger loss for the Jets game than Foxworth for me.

And if we put Yanda at RT as opposed to RG then we're actually downgrading three positions on the OL: LT, RG and RT.
    UKRavenGordon's Gametrips

2009 v Cleveland W
    2010 @ New York Jets W
    2011 (January 2012) @ New England AFCCG L

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    But... I thought he was faking? That's what everyone around here made it seem like.
    I don't remember anyone saying he was faking about the back issue. He just indicated he was the cause of his own weight loss by saying he overdid it which caused the back tear.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

I think they have to take a look at Ramon Harewood. I would test him and at least give him a start against the Giants or Rams.
    Lovin me some section 543

From Harbaugh:
    "So, he's going to have to work as hard as he can and we'll have to try and work it out. I wouldn't hold my breath for about two weeks, three weeks, through camp here, and we'll see where we're at at that point."
    We'll wait until the end of preseason and *then* see when he might start.

Very ominous.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Maybe put Yanda at tackle and Cousins at backup.
    I was gonna say the same, i cant get past Woodley abusing him last year. Its one thing to get beat around the edge but when you just get flat out bulldozed, i have a problem with that.