Blog Entries

Please welcome 'the wiz'

the wiz is 24x7's resident fantasy football expert. His articles are carefully crafted with unparalleled detail. His work can be found in the Fantasy Forum and his flair for nostalgia also finds its way to other areas of ProFootball24x7. During the season on GAMETIME, the wiz boldly and accurately forecasts the upcoming weekend’s action and what it will mean to GAMETIME listeners who play fantasy football.

Wiz's passion for the game began in the 60's watching the Colts on TV and at Memorial Stadium. He began following the statistics of not only his beloved Colts but also those of the Colts opponents, with a keen eye on Vince Lombardi's Packers. His passion for and attention to statistical detail would eventually lead Kurt on a journey to the world of fantasy football in the late 1980's where he’s captured more titles than John Wooden’s UCLA Bruins

He carries a distinction that no other fan of the NFL can boast about. He is the reigning NFL National Trivia Champion and he credits his Dad for passing on such passion for the game, something Kurt also hopes to pass along to his 9-year-old son.

Welcome 'the wiz'. Prognosticate away!
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Re: Please welcome 'the wiz'

Didn't 'The Wiz' date Elaine in Seinfeld. 'Nobody beats my prices - I'm The Wiz!'. Anyway, nice to have someone with such knowledge on board - welcome!

Do you think Samkon Gado is worth picking up now he's been traded to Houston? I've just cut Maroney and have put a bid in for Gado, assuming he could vie for the number one spot for the Texans at best, and at least provide a power running game to rack up a few points as the season progresses at worst.

3. Re: Please welcome 'the wiz'

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven
    Didn't 'The Wiz' date Elaine in Seinfeld. 'Nobody beats my prices - I'm The Wiz!'. Anyway, nice to have someone with such knowledge on board - welcome!

Do you think Samkon Gado is worth picking up now he's been traded to Houston? I've just cut Maroney and have put a bid in for Gado, assuming he could vie for the number one spot for the Texans at best, and at least provide a power running game to rack up a few points as the season progresses at worst.
    Houston Texan GM Rick Smith said yesterday that Samkon Gado's size and style fits our offense. I read that as if he is endorsing Gado to start. Take Gado Thank You

Wiz,

Should I start Julius Jones against Was or Ahman Green against NO?

Also, out of these 5 RE's, I need to start 3:

Andre Johnson at Ind
    Buress at Philly
    Heap vs Raiders
    Coles vs NE
    Watson at Jets

I'm thinking Johnson, Burress, and Coles. Heaps injury concerns me. What do you think?

Oh yeah, and one more thing. Pennington vs NE or Bledsoe vs Was?

Thanks a million, Wiz.

5. Re: Please welcome 'the wiz'

Quote Originally Posted by LBoogy
    Wiz,

Should I start Julius Jones against Was or Ahman Green against NO?

Also, out of these 5 RE's, I need to start 3:

Andre Johnson at Ind
    Buress at Philly
    Heap vs Raiders
    Coles vs NE
    Watson at Jets

I'm thinking Johnson, Burress, and Coles. Heaps injury concerns me. What do you think?

Oh yeah, and one more thing. Pennington vs NE or Bledsoe vs Was?

Thanks a million, Wiz.
    Start Ahman Green against the Saints, Start Plaxico Burress, Todd Heap, and Ben Watson, start Drew Bledsoe, Good Luck and Thank You. Go the the article in Fantasy Forum, Sit and Starts

wiz;

I have a WR dilema this week.

Should I start Andre Johnson against Washington
    or
    Derick Mason against Cleveland

this week??

I start 3 WRs per week and here are my other choices:

Starting: Santana Moss and Amani Toomer

Sitting: Heath Miller and Joe Jurevicious
    Section 106 from start to finish!

Wide receiver Bernard Berrian has had success scoring on deep passes, the Bills have taken that away this year, sit him. Start wide receiver Mushin Muhammad, he scored his first touchdown last week and presents the most trouble for the Bills secondary.

Thanks Wiz.bag: