Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Ring of Honor poll

Jamal should be in there. It's not like he showed up as a FA, won a ring with us, rushed for 2,000 and left. We drafted him and he was the core of our offense for several seasons, including the Super Bowl, and he reached second place in all-time season rushing while a player here as well as setting the record for rushing yards in a game.

Would've been nice if he'd been more involved in the community, brought less controversy to the franchise ... But that is what it is.

It's not like this has to happen tomorrow, in any case. On other teams it takes many years to be inducted into the ROH. The Bills just inducted Thurman Thomas in 2005 (who, like Jamal, went to a division rival before retiring "as a Bill" on a one-day contract. Wonder if Jamal will do that too.). With the passage of time, bitterness toward Jamal will fade and the most important things will remain: Super Bowl, 2,000 yards, 295 yards.

Ed, I'm not so sure. Borderline as far as on-field contributions, when other guys at or above his level aren't on there. If he came back as a coach after retiring and coached with the team for a long time, then yes, I'd say.

Neither get in. Loved them both while they were here but you cant put all of your favorite players in.

3. Re: Ring of Honor poll

Both guys have earned it. Jamal with 2000+ yards, Pro Bowl and Super Bowl. Edwin was a big part of the 2000+ yards, Pro Bowl alternate, Super Bowl and a huge community guy.

Since we don't really know the criteria its hard to know what the Ravens are looking for.

Greg-I can't find the info right now (because I'm working ) but I'm pretty sure Mulitalo had two years as a pro bowl alternate. FWIW

Edit: Found it in his Bio on Big Eds Band website--2003 pro bowl alternate--just one year. Pretty tough to break in to that position when you got guys like Faneca and Shields perennial pro bowlers.
    Last edited by Raineman; 03-10-2007 at 09:27 AM.
    SS

It would be criminal if any O'Line man went into the ring of honor before J.O.

I say no to Mule, Yes to JAmal, but there should be a minimum of year elapsed before we throw guys in the ring. Byner is an outrage. Mule is a wonderful person in the community, he never made a pro-bowl.... Jamal deserves for the 2000 year and the record breaking 2003 year. But, the rule should be must be out of the league before in ducted

Edwin Mulatalo

Jamal Lewis

I am giving it to Edwin because of his unselfish dedication to the team and to the community.

Jamal Lewis, while he had some good seasons early in his career, has really not distinguished himself on and off the field. Leaving and bad mouthing your team does not bode well with me.

I am giving it to Edwin because of his unselfish dedication to the team and to the community.
    I guess excellence on the field doesn't count for some people.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Pretty tough to break in to that position when you got guys like Faneca and Shields perennial pro bowlers.
    Or put another way, it's tough to break in when you aren't one of the top 4-5 guards in your conference.

Again, I love the guy, hard worker, team man, great in the community, but he ain't ROH worthy. And to me, Jamal just didn't have enough length, though you can make a better argument for him at least on the field.

9. Re: Ring of Honor poll

Here is the criteria for ROH...

http://baltimoreravens.com/gameday/ringOfHonor.jsp

I read it twice. Where is the "on the field performance" part? I can't find it.

And if you want to make room in the "RAVENS" ring of honor for more "RAVENS" (man, I know I'll get flamed for this) then you could remove the 8 Colts HOF'ers. After all, they're Colts. Removal of Byner should be a given.

That way we would have plenty of room for the people that fit that standard (gracious link provided by PRESSPASS). And by the way I see the original question (Jamal or Mule) in this scenario, it is hands down, Mulitalo. He meets all the criteria. Jamal does not. IMO of course.

(Oh boy, here it comes):bag:
    SS

love edwin, great in the community but not sure if ring of honor worthy, Jamal is the all time Ravens rushing holder and all time single game rushing holder i would have to say after time maybe both but not this soon

12. Re: Ring of Honor poll

Based on the Ravens criteria, Edwin should be a canidate.