Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Ring of Honor poll

Here are your two candidates.

Jamal Lewis

Edwin Mulitalo

Give 'em a or
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Re: Ring of Honor poll

Jamal Lewis

Edwin Mulitalo

Sometimes it not only about what you do on the field but the contribution to make to society and the community in which you live, that is one of the main reasons I give Jamal a thumbs down.

Jamal Lewis

Edwin Mulitalo
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

Blog Entries

Edwin should get a big . Ring of Honor is about two things: playing time/success in Baltimore, and what you do in the community. Edwin may not be a HOF LG, but he certainly manned a dominant left side with JO and had some good success here. Also, Big Ed's Band was a huge thing in the area and the guy was on KMS this morning saying, unless something drastic changes, he's coming back to Baltimore when he retires.

Jamal, to be honest, I have to give a to right now. Yes, he's the franchise's leading rusher and he had that HUGE season, but really, he had three big years here, and three just ok years. And, unless I missed it, he contributed nothing to the community except that stupid mess in 2004 with the cell phone. He can be a great player but I haven't seen enough from him yet to merit him being one of our greats. I'd only change it if he ends up coming back later in his career.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Jamal Lewis:

Edwin Mulitalo:

Earnest Byner:

If Jamal had given us 5-6 productive seasons, maybe he'd deserve such an honor. Instead he gave us a couple good years, a few poor ones, a couple seriously injured ones, and an embarrassing prison sentence. Pass.

As for Mule, it would be nice to be sentimental and honor him, but I think that Ring should belong to people who were outstanding on the field as well as off. Mulitalo has been outstanding off the field and above average on it. He's been a quality component of the Ravens but not one of its stars, and without his play our teams would have been much the same.

Of the current Ravens, assuming they continue having productive careers in the city of Baltimore, I would make a case for Ray Lewis (lock), Jonathan Ogden (lock), Ed Reed, Todd Heap, Chris McAlister, and Matt Stover. Other than those six, none of our players have distinguished themselves enough to enter the conversation. There are young players who could get on this list with continued outstanding play (Suggs, Clayton, Ngata), there are older players who are superstars but haven't been Ravens for most of their careers (McNair, Pryce, Mason), and there are solid performers who I love having on the Ravens but can't label as elite (Gregg, Scott).

Mulitalo, for me, fell into that final category. Worthy of commendation, but not of honoring forever.

No one asked about Earnest Byner. He is already in the ROH.

Both Jamal and Mule get a

We would not have won the SB without both.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Being a "Jamal pimper" you may not believe this, but I don't think he even gets consideration for the ROH. So I'll say to that one. (Although I would think he deserves it more than Earnest Byner, since somebody brought it up)

Edwin on the other hand? There should not even be a discussion. There ARE FEW Ravens who are/were willing to do for the community AND team what he has done. You need to remember that the ROH is not only the teams, but it is OURS as well. It is a link to the community, which Edwin has represented like no other Raven ever has. The ROH for Edwin should be about one of the easiest decisions they could make. Yes his play as a guard was above average. HOF? I can't say. I don't know about the other guards in the HOF to even venture a guess. ROH? No brainer to me. So with that I say
    SS

None?

If anyone gets it, it will be J. Lewis only because of his 2000 yard season, but thats the only way it would happen.

I agree with Ravenatic20. Both players were very good, and did a lot to help this team win a championship. They both are not on that ROH level for me. When you think ROH you think about cornerstone players for this franchise, guys like Ray Lewis and Ogden.

Of course both Jamal and Edwin deserve it more than Byner.

Jamal, maybe. Not Ed.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

No Jamal. Hes done nothing for the community and while he has played good for us in the past, his career post-jail was far from honorable.

I would give Ed a yes. A great community guy and a great OL for us that we developed out of the 6th round.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

It is Ring of Honor, not Hall of Fame. If Mulitalo and Jamal are not worthy of honor for their many contributions throughout their Ravens careers, then I don't know who is.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!