jburns, LOL. Obviously, humor does not translate well into writing. You need some sort of seltzer bottle emoticon. I'm actually surprised no one commented on the "where would we be without Mike Flynn?" question. Well certainly there would have been many more delay of game penalties without a center to snap the ball, and it would have left a large hole in the center of the line that would have impacted both passing and running plays.

What will determine who makes the Ring of Honor is the pace of induction. If the Ring of Honor is delivered only like a retired number in baeball, then we should take 50 years or more with a name every 5-10 years.

If, however, it is treated like the Orioles Hall of Fame, then it will be the Ring of Adequate. Such Oriole greats as Doug Decinces, Dennis Martinez, Hal Brown, Dick Hall, and Gene Woodling have already been inducted, as has Bob Brown (a tremendously nice guy who was traveling secretary for the Orioles for a number of years).

Sadly, I think the large empty concrete lip already induced Art M. to make a below-the-line induction. I'm hoping the new management will take the longer view.