Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Future Ring of Honor inductees?

I was just wondering who do you think the Ravens should next induct into our Ring of Honor? It's already a guaranteed lock that Ogden will be inducted in just a few short years, and so will Stover and Ray Lewis when their finished with their playing days. But in my opinion, I think there are a number of players who are deserving and aren't in... Rob Burnett (who's been with the team since they moved from Cleveland and without a doubt one of the greatest DL's in Ravens history), Rod Woodson (1998-2001, 3 time Pro-Bowler with Baltimore), and arguably Tony Siragusa (1997-2001), Jamie Sharper (1997-2001), and Jermaine Lewis (1997-2002, 2 time Pro-Bowler). What about current players who are deserving and are near the ends of their careers? Mike Flynn? Edwin Mulitalo? Personally, I believe all these guys are deserving. Each played huge key parts with their years with the Ravens and each showed class, professionalism, certainly skill, and each of the requirements for the Ring. I know this is a long list, but c'mon, you gotta admit that each one of these guys are much much more deserving than Earnest Byner.

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..." (Romans 1:16)

Re: Future Ring of Honor inductees?

Mike Flynn? Edwin Mulitalo? Personally, I believe all these guys are deserving.
    Mike Flynn? LOL. Then your standards are way too low. Don't talk to me about Byner, that was just a mistake.

Ray, JO and Stover are locks. Ed Reed and CMac will get there too. Others currently on the team have a ways to go.

The only guy not on the roster who has a chance is Jamal, and right now he's 50-50.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Why not Mike Flynn? I know he's never been ranked as one of the elite Centers or Right Guards, but he's been more than solid since he's started. Besides Ogden, he's been the longest lasting Ravens offensive lineman. I don't think my standards are low. I'm not sure about Jamal though...one of the requirements for the Ring is "Character" and "Humility". From what Ravens fans have seen and heard since he's left is his crying about not getting enough carries, publicly questioning Billick, and leaving with a "sour taste in his mouth". Of course he was a great RB, the greatest in Ravens history. But it takes more than talent to get in. It also takes class and the rest of what is required for the Ring. Maybe in a couple years when Jamal's retired and if (IF) he makes up with the Ravens organization, then yeah, I can see him getting in. But as of now, then definately not. So I agree with you, he's 50-50. But I don't think that I'm the only one who wouldn't mind having Flynn's name around the top of M&T.

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..." (Romans 1:16)

The bottom line is that until Byners name is removed the Ring of Honor is a joke!! Flynn is a life long Raven who is a blue collar player. Blue collar like Johnny U, Tom Matte, Art Donovan, and Lenny Moore. A good guy who give his all.

I say These make it

Kelly Gregg
    Ray
    Goose
    Stover!!!!!!
    Heap
    J.O.

These just miss:

Woodson
    Jamal
    Mulitalo

I know I am missing some no brainers but this is my start
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Flynn has been a decent performer, pretty reliable but only average.

Or, do you want it to be the "Ring of Adequate"?

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Oh yeah, I would LOVE for it to be changed to the Ring of Adequate. I'd say Tony Pashos should be inducted this year! Of course I, nor any Ravens fan want it to be the Ring of Adequate. But Mike Flynn has been more than adequate and more than "decent". Do you think Jamal (who you yourself said could be inducted) would have rushed for over 2,000 yards without Flynn? Do you think he would have broken pretty much every Ravens rushing record? Like I said, I know Flynn will never be confused for a Pro-Bowler or Hall of Famer. Yeah you're right. But he's been KEY to the Ravens offense for over a decade now. Would you rather have Rabach starting?

Sure, Flynn is a lock. So is Travis Taylor- he was a good guy- humble and nice. How about Kyle Richardson? I would vote for Anthony Weaver and Will Demps too.

I want to ask you one thing. Where would we be without Mike Flynn?

I appreciate you agreeing that Flynn should be in...but Travis Taylor? Weaver? Demps? Taylor has been probably the most inaccurate WR we've ever had. Sure he made amazing catches at times, but on the very next play, he could have dropped a hand-off. Demps also dropped almost everything thrown his way. He was a solid defender, sure. But he made too many mistakes and costly penalties. Weaver was solid for sure. I've always liked him, but I don't think he's Ring of Honor worthy to have his name up there with Peter Boulware, Michael McCrary, and the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by jburns View Post
    Sure, Flynn is a lock. So is Travis Taylor- he was a good guy- humble and nice. How about Kyle Richardson? I would vote for Anthony Weaver and Will Demps too.

I want to ask you one thing. Where would we be without Mike Flynn?
    T.T was a short termer in B More, same as Pashos, Flynn has been here a while and always played at least avg. (meaning over avg most the time) What about Mulitalo?
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

If we induct players at the rate some of the cats want to our "Ring of Honor" will need a "Continued in the next stadium" in about 3 years as we run out of room.

Ray
    JO
    Stover
    Billick

MAYBE Jamal, but nobody else from gone players.

CMac, Reed, Heap, these guys are on their way to earning their way up there.

Id say Lewis, Ogden, Stover. I wouldnt say Billick has earned to be up there just yet.

Heap, Reed, McAllister are pretty close to making the list.

Suggs and Clayton eventually assuming they stay with the Ravens.

I didn't mean inducting them all at the same time, or in the same year. If you haven't noticed, the names of the inductees around the stadium are pretty small. So I think there's room for about 5 others. Heap and Reed are definately getting there. I'm not so sure about McAlister. I believe he should be in, but I'm not sure if the team will actually induct him after being labeled "immature" off the field and being a handful. But I think everyone can tell he's grown up alot and I really do hope he gets in. Besides Deion, Chris McAlister has been my favorite CB.