Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Re: Future Ring of Honor inductees?

Did someone say Clayton?

What in the world is going on here.

First of all, Jamal is in. People saying Flynn over a guy like Jamal? And yes, Jamal would've had 2000 yds without Flynn. You know why? Because an average center is what he was then.

Ray/Ogden/Stover/Jamal are locks.

Jamal carried this offense for years people. He had 1300 yds in his rookie year on route to a SB win.

He had a 2000 yd season and was relied upon when we had jokes at QB and WR.

Ogden/Ray/Stover. No need to explain why they are in.

Reed/Heap/Cmac are the only other 3 on this roster who should be mentioned in this conversation?

Mulitalo?

Cmon people. We love our own guys. I get it. But let's stop going overboard here.

PP

The next one will be a hard choice for the Ravens.

So many players are getting close to the end that deserve to be up there.

jburns, LOL. Obviously, humor does not translate well into writing. You need some sort of seltzer bottle emoticon. I'm actually surprised no one commented on the "where would we be without Mike Flynn?" question. Well certainly there would have been many more delay of game penalties without a center to snap the ball, and it would have left a large hole in the center of the line that would have impacted both passing and running plays.

What will determine who makes the Ring of Honor is the pace of induction. If the Ring of Honor is delivered only like a retired number in baeball, then we should take 50 years or more with a name every 5-10 years.

If, however, it is treated like the Orioles Hall of Fame, then it will be the Ring of Adequate. Such Oriole greats as Doug Decinces, Dennis Martinez, Hal Brown, Dick Hall, and Gene Woodling have already been inducted, as has Bob Brown (a tremendously nice guy who was traveling secretary for the Orioles for a number of years).

Sadly, I think the large empty concrete lip already induced Art M. to make a below-the-line induction. I'm hoping the new management will take the longer view.

WOW!! some of these names make NO SENSE!!

Ray, JO, and Stover will all be there. The biggest name in the end should be Ozzie Newsome! He is the one who brought in our draft picks that turn into Pro-bowlers!! Reed, Heap, Mac, Suggs.....etc. These are the same names that will probably go up in the end as well.

DEFINATELY Ozzie Newsome. No doubt. Now, I started this to ask opinions of who deserves to be in the Ring of Honor. So far, it's all been blasting "Mike Flynn? Are you serious?" I never said he IS getting in. It's just my personal opinion that if he made it, I would support it. He's a blue-collar workhorse who's been an important and solid contributor year after year after year. Since 1997. I said earlier that no Ravens fan wants it to be the "Ring of Adequate". Filmstudy made a good point with the O's. Yeah, there's alot of guys deserving. I think Woodson and Burnett and Siragusa are more deserving right now for the Ring than anyone. Especially Jamal (only because of the off-field issues). But I think by the time the Ravens are wearing "XX" on their jersey's celebrating their 20th Anniversary, M&T will have the names of Newsome, Billick, Ogden, Stover, R. Lewis, Heap, Woodson, Reed, McAlister, Burnett, and Siragusa. The only reason why I leave Suggs off is because he could be gone after this year and he's only what, 25 years old? Now if he stays here for a longterm deal, then that's a different story. I just don't see why everyone's making such a big stink about having alot of Ravens inducted into our Ring of Honor. Isn't that suppose to be a GOOD thing? And I don't think the Ravens are gonna be allowing guys in left and right. The only mistake they've made, and I can GUARANTEE that pretty much every single Ravens fan agrees with me on this, is having Earnest Byner up there. But these guys I've listed are deserving. It's a GOOD thing we've had classy and talented Ravens throughout our history.

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..." (Romans 1:16)

Ring of Honor

Which current or former Ravens should be in the Ring of Honor that aren't..

Here are mine:
    Ray Lewis
    Jonathan Ogden
    Ed Reed
    Jamal Lewis
    Brian Billick
    Chris McCalister
    Matt Stover

Re: Ring of Honor

Ditto!

On the Bubble includes: Kelly Gregg.

Re: Ring of Honor

Honorable mentions for me:

Rob Burnett
    Trent Dilfer
    Michael Jackson

Re: Ring of Honor poll

Personally, I think it should be someone who started AND ended his career with the Ravens.

Ray Lewis
    Jonathan Ogden

Those right now are the only two I can think of. If he can get healthy and get back to being productive, I would put Todd Heap in there eventually as well.

Anyone who left this organization to play elsewhere should not be in the ROH. JMHO.

Blog Entries

Stover.
    Ray Ray
    JO

Earnest Byner?
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Ray and JO obviously. Reed is still young, we will see.

McAlister has been a real class act the last couple of years and a huge credit to the organization. I don't know if anyone else noticed, but I thought his post-game comments after the Cleveland game were a reminder how far he's come as a stand-up guy. So he can be on my bubble.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Chris McAlister has been nothing but an elite CB for pretty much his whole career so far. He has been considered a "shut down" corner for a long time. 3 time Pro-Bowler, including the 2006 season. He was drafted by the Ravens, and if he retires a Raven then he belongs on the ring.

Matt Stover is a no brainer.