Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: Ring of Honor poll

Jamal Lewis If it weren't for Jamals many off the field issues this would probably be a yes. He brought as many negatives as positives to the Raven organization so it's a no for me.

Edwin Mulitalo Great guy he just didn't do enough special things on the field.

Oh yeah. Matt Stover obviously.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Jamal Lewis - This one is a toss up and depending how long his career lasts in the NFL. If he retires soon, then most of his time will be as a Raven. I am not happy with his attitude and how he left the organization. He always had a victum's mentality and no one likes a victum.

Edwin Mulatalo-

A thought - I know this is terrible; but is there ANY WAY we can get the Ravens to recind (take down) Ernest Byner's name. It is a total disrespect to the rest of the Ring of Honor to have his name there. It is a complete joke.

Does anyone really know the reason Byner is even on the ring?

Stinger I'd always heard the reason is he was close with Art Modell. No idea whether it's true, just what I'd heard.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I guess. I know he was a Raven for a couple years. And I know he worked in the Ravens front office. But his stats for the Ravens were hardly impressive at all. To be honest, Byner was more of a Brown and Redskin than a Raven.

He just doesn't deserve to be there. The only person who IMO should be there that was a Brown first was Matt Stover, and that is because he came to Baltimore with the team and never left. If he retires here, he should be inducted that first game he doesn't play.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I guess. I know he was a Raven for a couple years. And I know he worked in the Ravens front office. But his stats for the Ravens were hardly impressive at all. To be honest, Byner was more of a Brown and Redskin than a Raven.

He just doesn't deserve to be there. The only person who IMO should be there that was a Brown first was Matt Stover, and that is because he came to Baltimore with the team and never left. If he retires here, he should be inducted that first game he doesn't play.
    No doubt that Byner shouldn't be in there.

And as Greg pointed out, he bolted for a job with the Skins the moment it was offered.

My locks are:

Stover
    Ray
    Ogden
    McAlister

If they keep it up:
    Reed

I used to have Heap in that list but he's starting to fall into the "bubble" category for me although I still think he'll get in.

I think Jamal should get in as well but there is a little more baggage with him.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Edwin Mulatalo (Nice guy, but just an average player)

Jamal Lewis (2000+ yards season and 285 single game)

.... and please just quietly remove the embarassment of Byner.

word 4 word what I think.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)