Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 90
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,452

    Re: Ring of Honor poll



    If Mulitalo and Jamal are not worthy of honor for their many contributions throughout their Ravens careers, then I don't know who is.
    Ray Lewis and Jon Ogden. If you can't figure out that difference ...

    Jamal had one incredible year and a few good ones, not enough longevity. Edwin, I love the guy but he just isn't an elite player. If he is in so is Rob Burnett (more deserving), and then who? Too many players to mention fall into this category.




  2. #14

    Re: Ring of Honor poll

    Agree with Greg, I don't agree with anyone currently on there and I Othink only ogden and ray deserve to be on there




  3. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland
    Posts
    1,179

    Re: Ring of Honor poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Ray Lewis and Jon Ogden. If you can't figure out that difference ...

    Jamal had one incredible year and a few good ones, not enough longevity. Edwin, I love the guy but he just isn't an elite player. If he is in so is Rob Burnett (more deserving), and then who? Too many players to mention fall into this category.
    You obviously don't understand the concept of the ROH. This is not the Hall of Fame we are talking about. It is, in part, about the impact these players have had with the RAVENS throughout their career. Jamal and Mule contributions far extend what they accomplished on the field.

    Not that I am making this argument, but some would take issue with your suggestion of Ray Lewis in the ROH due to his off field murder trials and multiple paternity suits, etc.

    Bottomline, those two will be honored whether you feel they are worthy or not.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!




  4. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Eldersburg
    Posts
    144

    Re: Ring of Honor poll

    Normally I would agree with Greg and 0587's points. HOWEVER.......A precedent has been set. That standard is why I would say Mulitalo should be a shoe-in.

    That standard, by the way, is Byner. (There is obviously no comparison between the 2). Given the standard, when does Trent get his spot? Michael Jackson anyone? How about WSO....sorry....I mean Brad Jackson? Does Stoney get a spot? What about Chris Redman, I mean, after all, he was Johnny U's "boy".

    If Byner got a spot then so does the TV guy with the orange glove. C'mon folks. People hold our players to a standard that was set by the old school Colts players that WERE the community, and you people say Edwin doesn't deserve to be there? He is probably one of maybe 5 guys that, by your Baltimore Colts standards, epitomizes the standard.

    Look beyond the field. The play on the field, the contribution to team, and the committment to community IS the ROH standard.
    SS




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland
    Posts
    1,179

    Re: Ring of Honor poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Raineman View Post
    Normally I would agree with Greg and 0587's points. HOWEVER.......A precedent has been set. That standard is why I would say Mulitalo should be a shoe-in.

    That standard, by the way, is Byner. (There is obviously no comparison between the 2). Given the standard, when does Trent get his spot? Michael Jackson anyone? How about WSO....sorry....I mean Brad Jackson? Does Stoney get a spot? What about Chris Redman, I mean, after all, he was Johnny U's "boy".

    If Byner got a spot then so does the TV guy with the orange glove. C'mon folks. People hold our players to a standard that was set by the old school Colts players that WERE the community, and you people say Edwin doesn't deserve to be there? He is probably one of maybe 5 guys that, by your Baltimore Colts standards, epitomizes the standard.

    Look beyond the field. The play on the field, the contribution to team, and the committment to community IS the ROH standard.
    Posters like Greg think "woulda, shoulda, coulda" and ignore reality (what is). Again, folks don't know ythe difference between a Hall of Fame and a Ring of Honor. Are Jamal and Mule HOFers? Heck no. Are they worthy of the ROH? Most certainly. This is not even a discussion. The fact that there is an attempt to debate this just tells those posters need to find something more substantive to debate.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!




  6. #18

    Re: Ring of Honor poll

    Byner being in has screwed the whole thing up.

    If you add players like Mulitalo and to a lesser extent Jamal, if a few years' the whole railing will be filled in a decade.

    I say neither should get in but because Byner's in, all bets are off.

    PP




  7. #19

    Re: Ring of Honor poll

    well if we put every succesful player in there, jamal, ray, boulware, reed, mcalister, clayton, byner, mule, ogden....get the point

    WTF is byner doing there anyway seriously ask yourself wtf




  8. #20

    Re: Ring of Honor poll

    Mule has been one of the most consistant guards in the league since he signed here. Let's give some love to the guards.

    Jamal I think deserves it because he has the second most rushing yards in a season and broke the 100 yard mark as a rookie in the SuperBowl. I vote for him.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland
    Posts
    1,179

    Re: Ring of Honor poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587 View Post
    well if we put every succesful player in there, jamal, ray, boulware, reed, mcalister, clayton, byner, mule, ogden....get the point

    WTF is byner doing there anyway seriously ask yourself wtf

    But look at how many players you did NOT name. Remember this organization is young. Over time, things will thin out a bit. Actually, each of the above names (save for Byner) will be in the ROH.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!




  10. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cub Hill, MD
    Posts
    2,548

    Re: Ring of Honor poll

    No, the ROH is not the freakin' HOF. But it's Baltimores' HOF. It's not a nice guy's social club. It's there to recognize truly outstanding players.

    Forget Byner. That was a major blunder by one person who's already on the ROH and it's a mistake that can't be taken back for obvious reasons. He shouldn't be used to compare anyone's eligibility.

    Jamal should probably be there for the same reason Pete and McCrary are there. They were outstanding during the time they were here, and they were key to helping the Ravens win a championship. Hell, Jamal was our offense for 5 years.

    Ray and JO are the only "shoo-in"s because they will be first ballot HOF-ers.

    Mulitalo was a consistent but never dominant guard. Sorry, no dice.


    WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012




  11. Re: Ring of Honor poll

    Jamal
    Ed

    How does the guy who will be the all-time leading rusher maybe for the rest of this franchises history not go into the ROH? We don't win the SB if Jamal doesn't carry our offense down the stretch.

    Ed was a nice guy but just not a good enough player to be in the ROH.

    I think alot of you guys are mixing up off-feild with on-field performance. Jamal Lewis is the third most important player in this franchise's history and I'm glad that the descisions about who gets into the ROH are not left to fair-weather fans like you people.




  12. #24

    Re: Ring of Honor poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587 View Post
    Agree with Greg, I don't agree with anyone currently on there and I Othink only ogden and ray deserve to be on there
    I know he is a kicker, but Stover will be on there too. And personally, I think Jamal has done enough as a Raven to be on there. Like someone else said, he and Stover were all we could count on offensively, for quite some time.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland