Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

State of the Raiders

There is some strange stuff going on with the Raiders. Never mind that they got punked by a division rival at home on opening day 27-0, how's this for jaw-dropping behavior?

And you think we had problems with Grbac. Looks like a very long year for Oakland. You've gotta wonder what their mindset is going to be coming into our game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2584133

When Raiders wide receiver Randy Moss said of his team, "things are crazy around here," he wasn't kidding.

The San Francisco Chronicle reported on its Web site that disgruntled receiver Jerry Porter who was inactive for the 27-0 drugging the Raiders absorbed from the San Diego Chargers on Monday night, was seen laughing and pumping his fist on the sidelines when Raiders teammate Aaron Brooks was sacked for the seventh time.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Re: State of the Raiders

That's pretty sad, kind of like Ravens fans cheering when Boller went down.
    She had me at "Hell, NO!"

Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreRon
    That's pretty sad, kind of like Ravens fans cheering when Boller went down.
    Yep...sure looks like it. I feel bad for Lamont Jordan the ex-terp having to play on the squad. It double sucks because I have Moss on my fantasy team...thank god I won without him this week.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Blog Entries

the team is falling apart...Moss doesn't like the team anymore and is dangerously close to becoming a T.O., Porter is pissed about being benched, they can't find a decent TE. They're just becoming laughable.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard
    There is some strange stuff going on with the Raiders. Never mind that they got punked by a division rival at home on opening day 27-0, how's this for jaw-dropping behavior?

And you think we had problems with Grbac. Looks like a very long year for Oakland. You've gotta wonder what their mindset is going to be coming into our game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2584133

When Raiders wide receiver Randy Moss said of his team, "things are crazy around here," he wasn't kidding.

The San Francisco Chronicle reported on its Web site that disgruntled receiver Jerry Porter who was inactive for the 27-0 drugging the Raiders absorbed from the San Diego Chargers on Monday night, was seen laughing and pumping his fist on the sidelines when Raiders teammate Aaron Brooks was sacked for the seventh time.
    HE SHOULD BE CUT NOW :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513
    Yep...sure looks like it. I feel bad for Lamont Jordan the ex-terp having to play on the squad. It double sucks because I have Moss on my fantasy team...thank god I won without him this week.
    Why feel bad for Jordan??? The Jets were no better, so it was a latter move in some ways
    Waiting for the next one!!!

they are a rather sad team. i hope our team can keep it together and slap them around next week. it would be nice to see our guys win a game they should in convincing fashion. if this is to be our year, they have to lay the smack down in games like this.

We'll know early on in the 1st quarter how both teams respond to their opening game, but I expect nothing less than a fully focused Ravens team bent on the destruction of a weak sister.

I can't see Porter starting after that display. That can only be good for us, one less WR to stretch the field. We can put CMac and Reed on Moss all game.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

They should take a page out of the Pats book and wise up and just trade Porter,wh cares about the cap hit just cut your losses.What is the point of paying a guy 5 mill to sit on the bench and cause problems like he is.

This is a team that we should handle easily. They shouldn't score more than 10 points on us. But I can't get out of my mind the Rick Mirer debacle in Oakland a couple of years ago. That was probably the last time I was this confident going into a game and we know how that turned out. I like everything that our guys are saying, and Oakland does seem about 2 more losses away from imploding, but I need to see that intensity from us. We have 2 things going for us in that regard.

1. Home Opener- we rarely play flat at home and since its our first game I anticiapte 100% committment by our guys.
    2. Cleveland- we play our divisions' cup cake week 3. They have been known to give us fits, but its not like we are looking ahead to the Pittsburgh rivalry.

I agree totally. Here we have the Raiders with a short week....they have to come across the country....we need to take advantage of those things as well as the team in disarray as it appears....

my roomate is a huge raiders fan. he went ballistic last night when they got shut out, and i can't wait till the ravens hit 'em in the mouth come sunday. with porter on the verge of being traded, and the entire team looking like garbage, i say this is a perfect time to put a hurtin on this team.
    DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS