Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Kindle moves to rehab facility

Kindle will be moved to a rehab facility next week. He is still
    in hospital.

HARBs spoke to him and said he is in good spirits.

Guys on sunspot were surprised but insurance companies don't like to keep
    you in hospital for long, which brings up a point. Is he even
    insured? He hasn't signed yet and was a college student.

ObamaCare doesn't kick in for 4 years.

Our prayers and God's speed to Sergio.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...next_week.html

Blog Entries

Re: Kindle moves to rehab facility

Is he still old enough to be on his parent's insurance?

Harbaugh said he expects to see him in Baltimore this year still. Personally, I am not so convinced, I think he's out for the year, which is the safest option.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I'm sure the Ravens are paying for his healthcare. It'd be pretty tacky if they didn't. Plus, it's obviously in their best interest that he gets the best care possible.

The New York Giants paid all the expenses for unsigned draftee Chad Jones' care after a car accident that resulted in the loss of a foot. The guy has no possibility of a football career, but his team took care of him and, apparently, threw him a couple hundred thousand bucks to soften the blow of a career-ending injury.

I'd like to think that the Ravens would do at least as much.
    "You don't adjust. You just dominate."
    -Al Davis

"I'm a machine, jerk!"
    -Ray Lewis

A lot of insurance companies allow college student children up to 25.

That said, this is already up into the several hundred thousand dollar range in bills, I would guess.

I wish him a speedy and complete recovery, but I don't expect to see him in purple until next training camp.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DVGN View Post
    I'm sure the Ravens are paying for his healthcare. It'd be pretty tacky if they didn't. Plus, it's obviously in their best interest that he gets the best care possible.

The New York Giants paid all the expenses for unsigned draftee Chad Jones' care after a car accident that resulted in the loss of a foot. The guy has no possibility of a football career, but his team took care of him and, apparently, threw him a couple hundred thousand bucks to soften the blow of a career-ending injury.

Great, great post and thank you.

I didn't know that about Giants. Great story. No corporate greed there-
    right Galen-lol?

I'd sure like to think the Ravens were paying for him.

I remember when Len Bias died the Celtics still paid out the contract
    to his mother.

If he needs rehab from a skull fracture he is seriously set back and I would venture a guess that he won't play this year at least. This is not like an acl injury.. I am very worried about his career now.
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

The New York Giants paid all the expenses for unsigned draftee Chad Jones' care after a car accident that resulted in the loss of a foot.
    Is this a fact? I am not disputing it, only that I hadn't heard his foot was amputated.

Blog Entries

Someone posted this on Sunspot:

I have some family that work for that hospital he stays in at dallas from what they have been telling me some of his motor skills are off because of the injury they didn't specify exactly what skills but from they are saying he won't be playin any football anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CRZA938 View Post
    Is this a fact? I am not disputing it, only that I hadn't heard his foot was amputated.
    You're right. I was going by memory, and for some reason remembered that he had his foot amputated.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giants...xt18pGPjHmOUtL (Headline: Giants draft pick Jones could lose foot after car accident)

So, it was apparently close, but the doctors did manage to save his foot.
    "You don't adjust. You just dominate."
    -Al Davis

"I'm a machine, jerk!"
    -Ray Lewis

Chad Jones signed a contract with the Giants on June 11th. He received a bonus of nearly $826,000. The Giants waived him and will likely place him on the non-football injury list.

11. Re: Kindle moves to rehab facility

Wow, you really have to be worried about the young man. A contract needs to be the last thing on his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    If he needs rehab from a skull fracture he is seriously set back and I would venture a guess that he won't play this year at least. This is not like an acl injury.. I am very worried about his career now.
    Behind closed doors, I bet the Ravens are as well.
    You don't hear much out of them (partially because of HIPA laws), but there is definitely a problem here.
    Dude has been in the hospital for like two week\s now.
    Nobody stays in the hospital that long for an injury unless it is severely severe, or you are possibly going to die if you leave.
    Doubt his injury is like threatening, but carreer threatening?
    Highly probable!

You go to rehab facilitys to learn how to do basic things in life again like walk, talk, lift your arms to eat, etc.

I'd be shocked if this guy gets medically released at any point to go to a profession and position that basically has you propel yourself head first to colide with others at high impact over and over and over again.

It's a damn shame for him personally and for the team.

Certainly would be a gracious thing to do if the team took care of his medical bills, etc., but offering a contract right now IMO would be ill advised to say the least.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!