Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: McGahee a Raven

Re: McGahee a Raven

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Rams fan, circa 1999:

"we traded a 2nd AND 5th round pick for Marshall Faulk? What the hell were they thinking??"
    Actually I remember that trade and the thought at the time was exactly the opposite. It was what the hell were the Colts thinking making that trade? Most everyone thought the Rams stole him. Oh, and Faulk had already put up at least two great seasons when the Colts traded for him- two more than McGahee has put up. So, please, don't try and compare this to the Faulk trade. It's not even in the same ballpark.

For those concerned about Suggs, I think we will be fine.

A few vets will be gone after this year, which we expected. Guys like Mason, Rolle, Flynn, Anderson and JO will likely be gone. We should have more than enough to lock up the young impact guys like Suggs. Unless guys like Mason, Rolle or Anderson have break-out years, I doubt they are in the Ravens future plans.

Even though losing AD hurts, he is definatly on the cusp of his downside, while Suggs is in his prime.

This is our year to win the big one, if we do or not there will still be some big changes afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by donnaj View Post
    My first concern when reading the details of this contract are as follows:
    If the bonus factors into the cap, I am worried about being able to resign Suggs and Bart in the next two years. I would hate for Bart or Suggs to go the way of AD. I know the Ravens FO has said signing Suggs is their #1 priority before this time next year, but I hope that we don't cripple ourselves in cap room by backloading too much. I think that with Bart's next deal he will be looking to see the $$$ like AD found and I honestly don't know if we will have it to keep him. I hope so, but we also will have to sign a corner, since Samari is spent and I believe Ronnie Prude's contract is up in '08, not sure about Cory Ivey's deal. Even if we sign another corner this year in the draft, we still have to find the cap room to sign and keep him, not to mention we have to have enough cap room to cultivate a QB to replace McNair in the next two years, Kyle's contract is up next year, so what will we do then?
    In two years, players like Mason, McNair, Ray, JO, Flynn, Vincent, Rolle will all be gone. Those guys are clogging the top end of the cap. We will have plenty of room to extend Suggs and Bart Scott. I am not concerned with Willis's contract. Plus, it is kind of simply a 3 or 4 year deal. If we get 3 good/great years out of McGahee, then that makes this trade all the worth it.

Plus, we can now wait until next year's draft to get a RB to develop behind Willis. The 2008 draft class is going to be filled and deep with RB talent.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Rams fan, circa 1999:

"we traded a 2nd AND 5th round pick for Marshall Faulk? What the hell were they thinking??"
    That's a nice thought, but as optimistic a guy as I am, even I can't pretend that McGahee is another Marshall Faulk. I'd like to see that come true, but as of today, that's not a very good comparison.

I agree with the comment about next year's draft class of RB's. It is a mixed bag of sentiment, I would love to see McFadden in Purple, but I hope that we are not in position to draft that high unless we make a dramatic trade on draft day, something we are not prone to do...the ravens tend to draft down not necesarily up into the top 5. There are many other extremely talented RB's and WR's as well. We do need to begin thinking about a QB to groom for the next couple of seasons under McNair, though we may have two drafts to find just the right player.

The cap numbers are as follows:

2007: 1,865,000
    2008: 2,855,000
    2009: 3,170,000
    2010: 6,150,000
    2011: 8,550,000
    2012: 9,050,000
    2013: 8,500,000

If he plays out 4 years of the deal, then they'll be in good shape from a cap perspective. The 2011-2013 cap numbers look large by today's standards, but they probably won't seem so by then. If they were to have to cut him in 2011, they would take on $6.4M in dead money, but would still clear $2.15M from the cap.

It seems like a big deal, but that's just the way it is with the new CBA.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

I'm not ready to put Willis in the ProBowl, but he has to be better than Jamal (The Tap Dancing Bear).

Now our first two picks need to be a tackle and maybe a CB.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Absolutely a tackle.

We might see a 3-4 DE, OLB, CB, ILB too.

I'm excited to see what oz does

Can someone please photoshop a jamal browns jersey onto this........

10. Re: McGahee a Raven

First incident that McGahee gets into is over the number 21, since McAlister wont be giving it up.

Quote Originally Posted by MoK55 View Post
    First incident that McGahee gets into is over the number 21, since McAlister wont be giving it up.
    Don't care about what jersey number he's got and tbh he wore #2 in college so I'm not sure he'll be too bothered.

Only numbers I care about for Willis are 100 and 6.

Can someone please photoshop a jamal browns jersey onto this........
    And then email it to Bruise.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock