Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: McGahee a Raven

Re: McGahee is a Raven according to ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    Okay. We have had recent success in the 4th with Jason Brown and Demetrius Williams, so I will give you that.
    Hartwell, J.J., Ovie, and Mulitalo were all 4th round picks as well.

Re: McGahee a Raven

Here is the only clip of McGahee on Youtube not involving his knee injury. I'm looking for more highlights. THis one shows a level of breakout speed we haven't seen in a long, long time.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-IwPqfwR2o&NR

PurpleRulz- We also got Ed Hartwell in the 4th that I remember off the top of my head but I thinkthere are 2 or 3 more productive guys as well.

Yeah, I don't know. I just don't like giving up two thirds for this guy, especially if his contract turns out to be outlandish. Maybe we haven't done that well in the third round over the years, but that tells me we are due for some blockbusters judging from the way the rest of the draft usually turns out for us. I just wish there was some way to know who the Ravens would have taken with the 92nd pick this year and wherever our pick will be next year, that would be the best way to judge the trade. However, I do believe in "In Oz We Trust", and I will so on this matter also. After all, he has a lot more inside information on all the parameters/ramifications of this deal than any of us. I know he wouldn't let himself be taken advantage of.
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

I think this is a great trade. We couldn't depend on getting a quality RB in the draft. Is McGahee and RB that depends on a FB blocking for him or does he run out of single back sets?

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    But is he better than any tackle we could have gotten in the third?
    yes

OK, I read Tony's link to the Press Release and watched GreenWave52's video find on youtube. If Ray and Ed can get this guy motivated and make him happy, and he can show anything remotely similar to that video clip, this could be a BIG Deal. Oh yeah, he has to stay healthy, too.

7. Re: McGahee a Raven

Welcome aboard Willis! Nice change of pace running back from the Dancing machine(don't get me wrong thanks for the memories Jamal)! I look foward to the new style type of running game from the Ravens with Willis! Hopefully over the next few seasons we will know what Willis will be talking about !

WM your newest Baltimore Raven

This is a great trade. I'm really looking forward to what McGahee can do for our team, and I see great things ahead of us. Matter of fact, I can already see Boller and McGahee leading us to the SB in 2008 (:

Blog Entries

I think, if you include potential comp picks and really bank on him being better behind our OL, you're looking at a decent move...

I'd refer to it like buying a newish car. It's not that you made a good deal, you just didn't get ripped off so bad.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I just wanted to throw in hear a couple of excerpts from Jeremy Green's blog on Espn.com

This first part is about Jamal vs. Willis (and a little about Pashos)

The team also waived long-time starting running back Jamal Lewis, who opted to sign a one-year deal with the division-rival Cleveland Browns. Nobody in Baltimore is going to fret having to face Lewis two times in 2007; he has been average at best since 2003. Lewis averaged 3.4 and 3.6 yards per carry, respectively, during the last two seasons behind an offensive line that was much better than the one the Browns will trot out this season. Lewis can't make defenders miss at this point in his career, so if the Browns don't open up holes for him, that yards-per-carry average will drop once again.

The Ravens reacted quickly to the loss of Lewis by trading for Buffalo RB Willis McGahee, a running back with a lot more versatility than Lewis. McGahee can run inside and outside, is a lot quicker to the hole and can make people miss. It's a huge upgrade for the Ravens, because Lewis was basically a three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust runner at this point. He was a sitting duck for tacklers, while McGahee is much more of a moving target.

Baltimore also lost right tackle Tony Pashos to the Jacksonville Jaguars. Pashos developed with the Ravens, and it always hurts to lose a guy you have brought a long and turned into a quality starter, but he is not an elite tackle and will be replaced through the draft or with a mid-level free agent like Anthony Clement, Marc Colombo or Jordan Black. While there could be some drop-off, it won't be significant.
    This second part is about our FO:
    The Ravens are like the college version of the USC Trojans when it comes to acquiring football players. Some guys might leave a little sooner than you would like, but you can count on them reloading. Watching Baltimore on draft day is like watching USC on national signing day: The overall number of acquisitions might be smaller, but don't be surprised if the Ravens hit on about 95 percent of them.

This team has the best personnel staff in the business, and because of that, you won't see me shedding any tears for the Ravens this offseason. They will reload in the draft and with mid-level free agents once the market settles. Make no mistake about it -- this is still the team to beat in the AFC North.
    I think a lot of our fans are spoiled and don't realize how good we have it with Ozzie and Co. If not the best I think our FO is clearly top 3. I also loved the USC comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensInBrazil View Post
    This is a great trade. I'm really looking forward to what McGahee can do for our team, and I see great things ahead of us. Matter of fact, I can already see Boller and McGahee leading us to the SB in 2008 (:
    HEAR! HEAR!

Somebody hand me a phillips cause I think we just got screwed. Yeah, yeah, I know, the 'Wizard of Oz' and all that crap, but what was Ozzie thinking?

A third AND another one next year? The Bills wanted Willis out and might have settled for a lot less. That's not the main reason I feel like Han Solo when he said, "I have a bad feeling about this." We have holes to fill in the draft and we just lost 1/3 of our first-day budget. We blew a wad on McNair and are about to enter the land of Deja vu.

One can only hope that Willis leaves his atitude in New York state, and picks up the yardage that Jamal left on the field the pas few years. I certainly hope I am wrong on this one.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Welcome Willis!

[IMG]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMicCZ_BF.wIB3hKjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBsNXZtZnJjBHNlYwNwcm9mBHZ0aWQDSTk5OV83Mw--/SIG=11u68ldsk/EXP=1173469314/**http%3A//www.bolttalk.com/images/mcgahee.jpg[/IMG]

Level headed and fair. Thanks for sharing.

The trade was great. In the one back sets we will be using with McGahee, we will miss Mughelli less and see more of our fine receiving corps. *And* we have in McGahee a rb more suited to our OL, as it gets younger and quicker.

Like with our acquisition of McNair last year, it looks like Ozzie had been planning it all along, and it feels like we are watching a magician at work.

indeed.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by fthestoolers View Post
    Welcome Willis!
    Fthestoolers, excellent name and excellent image choice. Let me try:

Not sure why it didn't work for you.

:toast:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.