Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
I keep coming back to McNair for a fourth and this exchange seems a bit rich. But I do think the Ravens are already counting on compensatory picks for this year and next so it seems ok at this point.

Of course it all hinges on McGahee outperforming Jamal and the terms of the contract once they are announced.
I agree that the real value of the deal hinges on the contract.

I disagree that 2 3rds seems rich when comparing ti to McNair. First of all the Titans had to cut McNair, the Bills could of kept McGahee. Secondly, and more importantly, Willis is only 25 and has played just 3 NFL seasons. He is just entering his prime while McNair (although I love him) is in his twilight years.

And to PurpleRulz, you are right about our struggles with 3rd rounders but totally off base with 4th rounders. After the 1st round I think the 4th round is the most consistently successful place for us. I wonder if there is correlation between the fact we do the best on the opening round of both day 1 and day 2. After those rounds I'm not sure, I want to say it was either the 6th or UDFAs.