Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Preston and JO Question Trade/Direction Of Team

They don't seem to like this move at all, especially JO. Could this push JO to retirement? JO says Jamal was underutilized by team.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...orts-headlines

I know JO is a huge part of this franchise, but it may be time to move on without him. We should not fashion our offseason around what makes him happy.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: Preston and JO Question Trade/Direction Of Team

Ogden needs to decide what he's going to do soon. Personally I think he's going to retire, and I think the Ravens might be thinking that also. Hopefully he'll let the Ravens know his final decision the right way.

I'm not even going to comment on the crap that Preston wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Ogden needs to decide what he's going to do soon. Personally I think he's going to retire, and I think the Ravens might be thinking that also. Hopefully he'll let the Ravens know his final decision the right way.

I'm not even going to comment on the crap that Preston wrote.
    I say we plan as if JO won't be back. Maybe the recent events (letting go of Mule and Jamal) is causing JO to want to retire. Let him. We should move on with Adam Terry at LT and just draft someone to take over RT. There will be a drop off, but we have to know that JO is not going to be here forever. Plus, ANYONE that replaces JO, the best LT in the history of the NFL, will be a drop off, but we must move on.

Maques Ogden commented that if JO feels "he won't have any fun" and if "his boys are not going to return" then JO will retire. As much as I respect JO, I want players that want to WIN, not just "have fun." Shoot, I would think winning IS fun.

JO needs to make up his mind and maybe he has. I'd rather have a hardwork Adam Terry at LT than a sulking JO at LT who is mad because he can't "have fun."

This was refreshing

Now I know with absolute certainty that J Lew was preston's "inside information" and more than likely JO was as well.

I never got JO questioning this and that. I know you want to win with the same old crew....the NFL isn't like that. JO is also bitter they didn't run Jamal like his 2000 yard season all the time. We all know how well we did. Lost in the 1st round of the playoff....the rest of the line isn't like that and we don't get 500 on the browns.

This isn't a "purge"....it's call constantly competitive.

Sometimes I just wonder if these guys get the gameplan. At some point they might think. Not playing with a friend is rough, but sometimes you have to man up.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    This was refreshing

Now I know with absolute certainty that J Lew was preston's "inside information" and more than likely JO was as well.

I never got JO questioning this and that. I know you want to win with the same old crew....the NFL isn't like that. JO is also bitter they didn't run Jamal like his 2000 yard season all the time. We all know how well we did. Lost in the 1st round of the playoff....the rest of the line isn't like that and we don't get 500 on the browns.

This isn't a "purge"....it's call constantly competitive.

Sometimes I just wonder if these guys get the gameplan. At some point they might think. Not playing with a friend is rough, but sometimes you have to man up.

I'd rather win with a bunch of strangers than to lose with a bunch of friends. If JO wants to retire, then it just takes three names off the list of the 30 and over cap purge for 2008 (Jamal, Mule and JO). Hey, we all need to start preparing for life after JO anyways. Again, I'd rather have a hardworking Adam Terry at LT, than a sulking JO. And if Mason does not like it either, JO can take him as well. That way, we can begin the 2008 30 and over purge early.

Does anyone else feel like Preston never is happy with what the Ravens do. I know he says he just telling it how it is or whatever but no matter what happens its never good enough or it’s not the right thing. He always has something bad for something good. I find myself just reading his articles just to see what he will say next. I was actually shocked it took till 9 tonight for him to post something on the sun website. I’m sure if we did not pick up anybody then He would of ripped the organization for dropping the ball. If we kept Jamal then we thought last years offense was good enough and we did not need to improve, he would rip the us for that as well.

Anyone who accelerates through a hole and does not stutter step to a hole is going to be better then Jamal. Loved watching Jamal in his prime, but it was way to frustrating the past couple years. It was time for a change. Yet in Preston's eyes, we didn’t make the right change.

The comments that J.O. made sorta shocks me. " I've been through salary-cap purges and rebuilding processes and I'm not sure where we're at." Not sure where we are at. Does it matter to you. they are moving on with you or with out you hopefully with. Come on guy. Does it trully matter. If the solid core of this team is ready to win and your the one everyone is waiting to hear from. If ya don’t wanna be part of it then go and retire. Don’t say comments like I don’t know where this organization is going when your not even sure if you’ll be part of it next year. I love ya, but don’t call out the Organization.

I am hip to what Preston does. His purpose is to get a rise out of folks. His blowing kisses at the Ravens would not sell papers (not that I have bought a newspaper in what? 15 years, because of the internet)?

This thread is more about what JO said than what Preston wrote. Someone, Billick, Ozzie or Steve Bisciotti, must reel these boys in with this whining to the media about everything. If that's what JO feels, then keep it in-house. I don't want to see (hear) the dirty laundry. Guys like JO, Reed, Jamal and Mason are setting a bad example for the younger players with this media whining.

More interesting is that Willis McGahee must be feeling like an ant right now if he is reading and hearing any of this stuff. Maybe this is a way for the JOs and Dan Wilcoxes to tell Willis to not start any shit when he gets here and that Willis better fall in line with the troops.

Quote Originally Posted by MoK55 View Post
    Does anyone else feel like Preston never is happy with what the Ravens do. I know he says he just telling it how it is or whatever but no matter what happens its never good enough or it’s not the right thing.
    Understand you have said two things.

1. Preston is never happy no matter what the Ravens do.

2. Preston is telling it like it is.

Premise (1), while absolutely true, gives the lie to premise (2).

Preston is a whiny complaining malcontent. I do not encourage the people who post here to think they know more then the *real* experts - the FO, often times the coaching staff. With their superior access and their devotion of 18 hour days to their craft, and their records of success, we owe them the benefit of the doubt when we are unsure.

We owe *no* such benefit to Preston. Preston does not know about professional football, he hangs around the Ravens complex and gathers morsels of 'information' from whoever is at the time the most malcontented.

He is the voice of the ignorant hater fan.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Understand you have said two things.

1. Preston is never happy no matter what the Ravens do.

2. Preston is telling it like it is.

Premise (1), while absolutely true, gives the lie to premise (2).

Preston is a whiny complaining malcontent. I do not encourage the people who post here to think they know more then the *real* experts - the FO, often times the coaching staff. With their superior access and their devotion of 18 hour days to their craft, and their records of success, we owe them the benefit of the doubt when we are unsure.

We owe *no* such benefit to Preston. Preston does not know about professional football, he hangs around the Ravens complex and gathers morsels of 'information' from whoever is at the time the most malcontented.

He is the voice of the ignorant hater fan.
    Preston knows what he is talking about and know what he is doing and he's good at it. I don't begrudge him that and I do read his article...for what they are. Again, my focus is on JO's comments.

Wow! I didn't read the article, and I frankly just breezed through this thread. I am blown away at the way some of you are talking about JO. It reminds me of the line from "Tuskeegee Airmen" ......."are we only to be Americans when the mood suits you?"

Must have been a hell of an article the Donut wrote to have you all turn on JO so easily....and fast. Seems I was just reading the other day how JO deserves the time to make his decision, and that there was a respect level there that the FO was not going to force the issue.

SS

Quote Originally Posted by Raineman View Post
    Wow! I didn't read the article, and I frankly just breezed through this thread. I am blown away at the way some of you are talking about JO. It reminds me of the line from "Tuskeegee Airmen" ......."are we only to be Americans when the mood suits you?"

Must have been a hell of an article the Donut wrote to have you all turn on JO so easily....and fast. Seems I was just reading the other day how JO deserves the time to make his decision, and that there was a respect level there that the FO was not going to force the issue.

1. That line from Tuskegee Airman still holds even in today's times, but in a subtle way, but don't get me started on that.

2. You did not read the article, yet you are responding to our comments concerning JO's quotes from the article. Hmmmmmmmm.

12. Re: Preston and JO Question Trade/Direction Of Team

Jo's comments were harmless.

And Preston is an idiot. He must be the only writer who thinks Magahee wasnt an upgrade.

Glad to hear we signed him to a 7yr deal. I cant wait to see him run.