Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

QB K. Boller a fix to the Ravens RB saga ???

With the possible/ pending release of E. Mullitalo and the fluid situation regarding RB Jamal Lewis and his possible replacement of McGahee/Dillion or TBA, there could be a scenario involving Kyle Boller and his depature that could add support to making a deal for RB W. McGahee. It was "rumored" back in February that the Carolina Panthers had interest in Kyle Boller.
    (view link: http://www.nbcsports.com/nfl_players/5281/detail.html )

Just yesterday Carolina backup QB Chris Weinke was released. In addition Kyle Boller's salary is to increase from 798k to 1.79mil. If a deal were to go through , Kyle could/would be had for a 3rd round pick. In essence recovering the selection they would give up for RB McGahee. It maybe a stretch but, I think its worth considering given the current state of affairs regarding the Ravens and the RB sitation.

Re: QB K. Boller a fix to the Ravens RB saga ???

Interesting, but I respectfully disagree.

Think what you want about KB, but he has LOTS of value to the team as a good backup to a fragile QB. What happens if we have to throw a second day pick into the fire when McNair goes down? could be tom brady, more likely it's very much the opposite.

It's in the best interests of the team to hold on to Boller.

In addition Kyle Boller's salary is to increase from 798k to 1.79mil. If a deal were to go through , Kyle could/would be had for a 3rd round pick.

This is a no brainer, those who were in favor of dumping ray for the same pick should be peeing in there pants over this one. Hopefully Oz will jettison boller for that 3rd rounder. The simple fact that Boller is getting paid more than the veteran minimum as a back up should bother some of the staunchiest salary cap watchers, and I'm sure it does.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Thumbs down Re: QB K. Boller a fix to the Ravens RB saga ???

Dumb idea. Kyle knows the system, and is the logical 2008 starter when it become more cap friendly to dump the then-34 year old (going on 50) McNair to gain badly needed cap space.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I agree, I'd rather see him extended, not traded.

This thread is merely another variation on the 'Hugger-Hater' war that's been going forward in every Ravens message board in existence.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

The simple fact that Boller is getting paid more than the veteran minimum as a back up
    If you want a backup QB for the vet minimum you're not gonna get a whole lot of quality, yeah

Great idea. It is time to end this Boller saga and that would make a very good deal for the Panthers and us. Backup QBs are dime a dozen. Who cares that Boller knows the system. Boller also knows how to fumble and stumble.

I hope we can make this scenario a reality. Then we can finally shut the mouths of Boller huggers like CBD and Mr. T.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

ROFL at whoever just said good backup QBs are a dime a dozen!

Yeah backup QB's who can LOSE are a dime a dozen. Ask Carolina about Chris Weinke!

Backup QBs who have starter experience, are .500 + as a starter, and have a 14-5 home record AREN'T a dime a dozen.

Ravens would be making a big mistake to not extend Kyle. If he gets more than a half a season to start somewhere like Carolina . . . watch out. That's all I'll say, cause I'm sure the hater will laugh at that. But your average fan just can't see the learning curve, can't see a Bart Scott becoming a Bart Scott, an Adalius Thomas being a probowler, or a Jarrett Johnson making an impact

Quote Originally Posted by Art-Florida View Post
    This thread is merely another variation on the 'Hugger-Hater' war that's been going forward in every Ravens message board in existence.
    It might not have started off that way, but naturally, that is what it will turn into.

I agree with T, this would be a dumb move.

And I am beginning to think that crazyraven either has a multiple personality disorder, or more than one person is posting under his screen name.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    Interesting, but I respectfully disagree.

Think what you want about KB, but he has LOTS of value to the team as a good backup to a fragile QB. What happens if we have to throw a second day pick into the fire when McNair goes down? could be tom brady, more likely it's very much the opposite.

It's in the best interests of the team to hold on to Boller.

THIS TOWN WILL NEVER EXCEPT KYLE IT'S BETTER FOR HIM AND THE RAVENS IF HE MOVES ON.

Dump a QB who knows the system and has shown marked improvement, leaving an injury prone starter and... exactly who would be backing up McNair?

Not the brightest plan in the world.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock