Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ed Reed is the new C-Mac

Ed definitely feels slighted about something. Somehow the relationship between the team and Ed has been damaged. I just wish Ed would stop bringing it up.. He's being so vague that no one knows what the hell he's talking about.

With him being out up to 6 six weeks hurts the secondary. However if Webb can get back fast enough, and the pass rush performs like it is expected, there should be no problem.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

The Ravens made Ed the highest paid safety in the game at the time of his signing, the Ravens have shown their faith and loyalty when they gave him a multi year contract. From everything we hear from ed this offseason the loyalty hasn't been reciprocated. you signed the f--king contract, hold up to your end of the f--king bargain. Retire if it's that big an issue but save the drama and whining.

Blog Entries

I know what's wrong with Ed. Percocet. I mean, he's gotta be taking something for the pain, correct?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    Ed Reed is the new C-Mac?

Seriously, sometimes this board makes me want to walk into oncoming traffic....
    I think most of us would love to have the old C-MAC.

The guy could hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    So if a survey was taken and it asked who you thought was the greatest Raven of all time, you would stop and think that maybe Ed Reed should be considered along with Ray Lewis?

Not mention how much of a stretch it is to assume he has 2-3 more years to play.
    I can honestly say I would, as I did when I read your question. Ultimately I pick Ray, but IMO it is close. They are both great and when they are both healthy they are two of the best maybe to ever play the game. IMO he is already a lock as a first ballot HOF so yes I think myself and many would have to think about it.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    I can honestly say I would, as I did when I read your question. Ultimately I pick Ray, but IMO it is close. They are both great and when they are both healthy they are two of the best maybe to ever play the game. IMO he is already a lock as a first ballot HOF so yes I think myself and many would have to think about it.
    Maybe it is a good question. I can't see Ed Reed being chosen over Ray Lewis as the greatest Raven ever...and I also don't think it would take most people who have followed the Ravens closely since the beginning much time or mental effort to choose Ray over Ed. I could be wrong though but Ray seems like the clear choice. I always preface my Ed comments with how I love the guy and respect him as a player and a human being and recognize his greatness but I still can't put him in the same thought process with Ray when considering who the greatest Raven of all time has been. He just hasn't had nearly the impact over the past 14-15 years as Ray has had. for anyone to play like Ray has for a decade and a half is something special.

I also don't think Ed is a "lock" first ballot HOF at this point in his career. Yes, he is HOF but I am not certain first time through at this point which is saying without ever playing another game. Now if he does play 2-3 years and has some solid years then I would think 1st ballot. As we sit though today, I am not so sure. I am not so sure Ed plays again based on the current status.

7. Re: Ed Reed is the new C-Mac

My top Raven of all time pecking order:

1. Ray
    2. Ogden
    3. Reed
    UKRavenGordon's Gametrips

2009 v Cleveland W
    2010 @ New York Jets W
    2011 (January 2012) @ New England AFCCG L

8. Re: Ed Reed is the new C-Mac

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I think most of us would love to have the old C-MAC.

The guy could hit.
    The old CMac, at his absolute peak, was the best CB in the league in my opinion.
    UKRavenGordon's Gametrips

2009 v Cleveland W
    2010 @ New York Jets W
    2011 (January 2012) @ New England AFCCG L

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenGordon View Post
    My top Raven of all time pecking order:

1. Ray
    2. Ogden
    3. Reed
    I could agree with this although I would have to take some time to think about #3 possibly being Jamal. He carried the team for years and I think probably had a greater impact on the team game for game than Ed. It would be a close.

It is close versus Jamal and Ed, but Reeds impact is also the fact that since 2000 and When the turnover ratio is +2 or better . . . . 50-0..

Average five Ws each year on that conto and obviously Ed has been a key factor to that stat.

Eds 2004 and 2008 seasons impact very close to Jamals 2003 season.

Is Ed Reed the new C-Mac...? Short answer, NO. Ed is squeaking right now, the squeaky wheel gets the oil, or so they say. I doubt he gets a contract extension, seeing as how his health isn't great and he's ONLY getting older and more banged up. Still a hell of a player and definitely one of the greatest Ravens of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I could agree with this although I would have to take some time to think about #3 possibly being Jamal. He carried the team for years and I think probably had a greater impact on the team game for game than Ed. It would be a close.
    LOL

No it wouldn't. It's "close" between Ogden and Reed only cause Ogden spent 12 years here and Reed's only here for eight so far. Jamal had one dominant year, but so did Reed (how quickly we forget how ridiculous his 2004 DPotY season was). Reed has been consistently better than Jamal in every other season of their respective careers, and it's not close. Ed Reed is a virtual lock for HoF. Jamal Lewis' name won't even get mentioned for consideration.

I'm not saying Reed is more important to this team than Lewis. That would be a laughably stupid concept. But Ed Reed isn't simply just another great player. He's one of the best ever to play the position. His name will be mentioned with the likes of Ronnie Lott and Troy Polamalu for eternity.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid