shaun rogers case resolved

Diversion and, ultimately, a dismissal for bringing a semiautomatic handgun through airport security.

I have *never* on these boards said, in this context, these words before: That's bullsh!t. That is just wrong.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Re: shaun rogers case resolved

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    That's bullsh!t. That is just wrong.
    Why? First time offense and if I remember correctly, he had a license to carry.

Seems about right.

Or is this because he plays for the Clowns?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Why? First time offense and if I remember correctly, he had a license to carry.

Seems about right.

Or is this because he plays for the Clowns?
    I have a license to drive a car. Regardless, I would be in some big @#$!ing trouble if I tried to drive it through the Harborplace pavilions.

I would expect someone bringing a semiautomatic handgun onto an airplance to get treated severely by the law.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I have a license to drive a car. Regardless, I would be in some big @#$!ing trouble if I tried to drive it through the Harborplace pavilions.

I would expect someone bringing a semiautomatic handgun onto an airplance to get treated severely by the law.
    Nice hyperbole -- especially since nobody was even close to being hurt.

He didn't bring it on an airplane.

He forgot about it in a bag and tried to go through the TSA checkpoint.

In 43 other states not named Maryland (including Ohio), people carry guns and, on rare occasions, they forget they have them in bags.

Hell, I almost did the exact same thing two years ago. Went shooting and used my computer bag to bring the gun. Afterwords, I went to a Panera Bread to get some lunch and got some work done. Totally forgot I had it in the bag the next morning and thankfully, I remembered on my way to the airport.

Had I made it all the way to the screening station, I would have been slapped with a federal fine of $5,000 and would have had to appear in court -- and most likely would have received differed adjudication of some sort.

Yes, I was exaggerating, of course, to make the point that being licensed to to X does not make it legal under all circumstances.

I hope you are wrong about how people bringing guns onto planes are treated, and I for one could not care less that he claims to have "forgotten" he had it. Really, since when on this board do we take criminal defendants at their word.
    Festivus

Yes, I was exaggerating, of course, to make the point that being licensed to to X does not make it legal under all circumstances.

I hope you are wrong about how people bringing guns onto planes are treated, and I for one could not care less that he claims to have "forgotten" he had it. Really, since when on this board do we take criminal defendants at their word.
    Again, he did not bring it on a plane and of course people who do manage to bring a gun on a plane should be treated harshly.

I agree with you -- I certainly am not suggesting we should take him at his word. He is an idiot and careless and should have had his concealed license pulled away for a while. I also would have liked to have seen some sort of firearms training mandated by the court.

That said, it's his first offense. Nobody was hurt and it's a scenario that is played out in airports in states that allow carry more often then you think.