Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Should Ravens make a play of Vincent Jackson?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    At what cost though? He will command a high price tag and there will be a cap again.
    Doesn't he also have to DUI's under his belt?

Quote Originally Posted by CRZA938 View Post
    Doesn't he also have to DUI's under his belt?
    Yeah he's suspended for the first 3 games because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post

The money issue really should be a non issue for the Ravens. Ray, Reed, Heap, Gregg and the older vets will be gone when they have to start giving that kind of money to the younger players. .
    And this is why you are on everyone's ignore.
    The Ravens should Ignore that giving Jackson the Brandon Marshall like deal he is holding out for and pay out $20m a year to a pair of WR's?? That is so lost from reality it's astounding. That's 1/6th to 1/7th of the espected future Cap on two guys at the same not so important position. MOney coming off the books for Ray, Reed and Gregg need to be spent on DEFENSE or else we will suck in short odrer.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    And this is why you are on everyone's ignore.
    The Ravens should Ignore that giving Jackson the Brandon Marshall like deal he is holding out for and pay out $20m a year to a pair of WR's?? That is so lost from reality it's astounding. That's 1/6th to 1/7th of the espected future Cap on two guys at the same not so important position. MOney coming off the books for Ray, Reed and Gregg need to be spent on DEFENSE or else we will suck in short odrer.
    I am not suggesting we should get Jackson, just showing that we could. I think he is as good a WR as Marshall, but there is no reason for the Ravens to give up that much for him or give him a huge contract.

Next year if he is a free agent then he may be the BPA at a position of need.

Marshall, Jackson and McNiel should have the ability to sit out and get what they want, where guys like Reed, Revis and CJ really do not. Even other RFAs like Gaither did not have the same kind of leverage because of less years in the NFL they can be restricted again if they sit out, while the players who were only restricted by the lack of a CBA should become unrestricted once a new CBA is in place as long as it is still 4 years of service before you can be a UFA.

SD is a threat so I hope Jackson and McNiel do sit out the season then walk away as free agents, but eventually I expect they will trade them and get something instead of trying to prove a point and get nothing.

:T2:

I am not suggesting we should get Jackson, just showing that we could. I think he is as good a WR as Marshall, but there is no reason for the Ravens to give up that much for him or give him a huge contract.

Next year if he is a free agent then he may be the BPA at a position of need.

Marshall, Jackson and McNiel should have the ability to sit out and get what they want, where guys like Reed, Revis and CJ really do not. Even other RFAs like Gaither did not have the same kind of leverage because of less years in the NFL they can be restricted again if they sit out, while the players who were only restricted by the lack of a CBA should become unrestricted once a new CBA is in place as long as it is still 4 years of service before you can be a UFA.

SD is a threat so I hope Jackson and McNiel do sit out the season then walk away as free agents, but eventually I expect they will trade them and get something instead of trying to prove a point and get nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Stop trolling on losac, and the people who have me on ignore do not like when I am quoted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

:T2:

Blog Entries

The cost is too high. He puts up numbers in a number-friendly offense. Doesn't mean he'd be a great leap forward for our offense. An upgrade over a Mark Clayton? Sure. But he's not going to turn us into the St Louis Rams of the mid 2000s. His impact would be at best, marginal, on the overall amount of points we'd produce. Especially when offset against the loss of picks, salary cap space, etc. that would come along with his acquisition. Simply put, VJax to the Ravens is a non-issue, a non-question, a non-factor. It's nothing more than people talking because it's July. Some other team will barf up the stupid draft picks and pay the idiotic 10's of millions in salary, and he'll go to that team and they'll to 9-7 instead of 8-8 and in 2 years nobody will remember or give a shit what all the fuss was about Vincent Jackson.

Even other RFAs like Gaither did not have the same kind of leverage because of less years in the NFL they can be restricted again if they sit out, while the players who were only restricted by the lack of a CBA should become unrestricted once a new CBA is in place as long as it is still 4 years of service before you can be a UFA.

If they sit out the entire year, they will not earn an accrued season and would still be RFA next year, regardless of whether the new CBA says 4 years for RFAs or not. Their status would revert back to being a RFA because that's what they were when they sat out.

That's why when they talk about O'Neil and VJax, they talk about them returning in time to earn that accrued season.
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 07-10-2010 at 09:58 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

I want to trade Billy Cundiff and Troy Smith for Brandon Marshall!