Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 2007 Ravens & Compensatory picks

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    About the only thing I know about the comp picks is that they're based on the size of the contract signed by the players you lost, and the contracts signed by FA you picked up.

Given the past history of the comp picks, I'd expect at best a 4th for AD and a 5th/6th for Pashos.

Last year the dividing line was close to $5.5m/yr for the 3/4th line. AD got $7m. I understnad the economy is different this year, but don't forget it was ridiculous last year too(Archuleta). I think $7 should be right about the line. Clements will net a 3rd, after that Davis, Dockery and Steinbach are the only players with similarly large contract values thus far. Level of play could be what pushes us up to a 3rd and someone like Dockery down to a 4th.

I'm more curious how you figure two fourths, a 5th and a 6th. We lost Weaver, Kemo, Demps and ????? and signed Pryce(cut) and Anderson(cut). The cuts don't count.

Chester Taylor, Dave Zastudil, and I think it was Gary Stills or Ivy that came back the other way.

We will get 4 comp picks, which is the max allowed.

We lost Kemo, Weaver, Taylor, Demps, Zastudil, Dinkins, Wright and Chad Williams.

The only UFAs that we signed were Bannan and Ivy. Pryce, Anderson and Still were all cut by their prior teams, so they do not count toward the comp pick calculation. Bannan/Demps and Ivy/Dinkins are washes. So, that leaves comp picks for Kemo, Weaver, Taylor and Zastudil. My guess would be 2 4ths (Kemo, Weaver), a 5th (Taylor) and a 7th (Zastudil).
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

I don't know if there is a difference in signing players who have been cut, and those who are UFA. If there isn't, then I could see a fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh.

Remember that we're always ticked about getting screwed over on the comp picks.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock