Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: QB Situation?

Re: QB Situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I'm sure that this will be debated by the coaching staff all the way up to the last cut. I don't agree about "bulgers health issues": he merely played behind a porous OL. While there would a temptation to try to keep Beck as a future investment, that really would be tying up a roster spot which may be better utilized by a special teamer like Reed or Ayabejaho (butchered -- I know!), or a 5th WR, or a 3rd TE.

I see the acquisition of Bulger as a front office commitment towards going for all the marbles, along the lines of the 2000-2001 seasons when the payroll was stocked with established talent including Sharpe, Woodson, Adams, McCrary, Siragusa, Searcy, Grbac, Cunningham.
    I see it in much the same way as a "purchased" roster spot in a cap free year. By spending that much on a backup QB, we can feel comfortable goign with 2. Beck and Smith should both be easily re-aquireable if need be. Heck, better options hsould be on the street most of the season. (NOT comfortable with our system though, so these guys would get the edge, IMO).

2. Re: QB Situation?

I guess if Pitta turns out to be the stud he was in college, we'll have had a great tradition of Mormon TEs here at the Baltimore Ravens. Brian Billick, Heap, then Pitta.

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoriteboxer View Post
    I guess if Pitta turns out to be the stud he was in college, we'll have had a great tradition of Mormon TEs here at the Baltimore Ravens. Brian Billick, Heap, then Pitta.
    BYU is as much a "TE-U" as a "QB-U".

From rotoworld.com

The Eagles are reportedly interested in Troy Smith is a fallback option if they're forced to release Michael Vick this summer.
    The Eagles still don't seem likely to dump Vick, but they're covering their bases in case further details emerge in the Quanis Phillips shooting investigation. If the Smith report is true, the team appears to have moved on from free agent Jeff Garcia as a possible alternative to Vick.

PP

Maybe they'll be willing to give us a cheese-steak in return for him...

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid