Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2007 Ravens & Compensatory picks

The link below discusses teams that have benefited well from compensatory selections. One of the teams highly mentioned is the the Ravens and the players they've drafted over the years. Quite possibly yet another "star" could be born yet again come April's NFL draft. We have a few holes to fill (OL, RB and OLB come to mind) and maybe these picks could address those needs. Happy reading.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...=tsn&type=lgns

Re: 2007 Ravens & Compensatory picks

Great Article! Thanks for the Link!
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

Why the hell does it say the patriots should get a pick at the end of the third for letting their TE go.

I'll be pissed if they get a thrid for letting grahm go considering we lost Pashos, AD (to the patriots), mughelli, and franklin.

and as of yet signed, noone and I don't anticipat a big contract to any other Fa's

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587 View Post
    Why the hell does it say the patriots should get a pick at the end of the third for letting their TE go.
    The article also said assuming they didn't have any big FA signings. I think by signing AD they blew their third round pick out of the water!

The guy was way off on that, Grahm will be lucky to net a 5th, and that's without the 3rd that AD will get us. Pashos should be a 4th, Mughelli a 6th and Franklyn a 7th. Currently we have signed no offsetting players, and I think that will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    The guy was way off on that, Grahm will be lucky to net a 5th, and that's without the 3rd that AD will get us. Pashos should be a 4th, Mughelli a 6th and Franklyn a 7th. Currently we have signed no offsetting players, and I think that will continue.
    How do you know this? The article also said the compensatory parameters was a more closely guarded secret than Col. Sander's recipe, that the teams don't even know. Are you just guessing or do you have some kind of information to justify this claim. I don't mean to challenge what you say, you just say it with such conviction as if to infer some kind of insider knowledge. No offense meant, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    How do you know this? The article also said the compensatory parameters was a more closely guarded secret than Col. Sander's recipe, that the teams don't even know. Are you just guessing or do you have some kind of information to justify this claim. I don't mean to challenge what you say, you just say it with such conviction as if to infer some kind of insider knowledge. No offense meant, just curious.
    Through historical statistical analysis, I have seen predictions the past few years show up on these boards. The predictions are based almost exclusively on contract size. Daniel Graham will not get a large contract. Maybe large based on past years for TE's, btu not large in the scope of this market.

nobody knows but we can guess from years past

Thanks! Are the picks for this year or next? It would be awesome to have an extra third this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    Thanks! Are the picks for this year or next? It would be awesome to have an extra third this year.
    The picks would be for the 2008 draft. We will be awarded comp picks for this draft based on what happened last offseason. We should get four comp picks: two 4ths, a 5th and a 6th.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

That's still not bad, and an extra third next year could be real beneficial with all the running backs coming out!

About the only thing I know about the comp picks is that they're based on the size of the contract signed by the players you lost, and the contracts signed by FA you picked up.

Given the past history of the comp picks, I'd expect at best a 4th for AD and a 5th/6th for Pashos.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock