Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ravens resign Musa

1yr deal according to the Sun. Don't like it but it show's the Ravens have no interest in any of the RB's in the draft except Lynch and Peterson.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Re: Ravens resign Musa

They did it for a depth move, which I understand and agree with. I don't particularly care for Musa due to his fragility, but the reason the Ravens signed him is simple: They like to be set at as many positions as possible going into the draft. We now have 3 RBs von the roster.

A one year deal means that Musa is going to compete for a spot in camp. Nothing more. We will see what PJ Daniels can do and if we draft a rookie, what he can do as well.

might this mean no jamal?

Anderson, PJ Daniels, Musa

hrm...

No chance those are the top 3 backs going into the season. glad to have Musa back if it is cheap.

I always liked the way Musa ran. Always rammed it in there with all he’s got. Unfortunately he dunn gets himself hurt doing that but at least he puts forth full effort.

Although I am interested to see how Daniels develops…

More on the Musa Re-signing

I like Musa. Thought last year would be his break-out year with the preseason he had, but just like the rest of his career, he couldn't stay healthy. It's a good move for depth, and he can always compete for carries with whoever else they sign (Jamal, Dillon, etc.)

Yeah, he'll probably end up getting all the carries due to injuries to other players, and rack up something like 1800 yards and 15 touchdowns. Bye Bye Musa! I actually wish they could have put some option years or something in there just in case this is breakout year! If he could ever stay healthy for a whole year, I think he could put up some big numbers.
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

I like the guy but the injury problem is huge. I wanna see him suceed espically as a Raven but I just looked up info. When he was being drafted this was his Prospect Profile.

"ANALYSIS
    Positives: Quick-switch runner with no hesitation in his initial burst … Hits the holes with authority and has superb field vision … Cuts back to the lanes with effortless grace and has good moves through the holes … Breaks tackles with a powerful leg drive … Lowers his head and drives forward with tremendous force, causing defenders to bounce off him … Shows great balance in his running stride … Shifty runner around the corner with incredible acceleration … Protects the ball securely and shows good hands in the short-area passing game … Willing blocker who knows how to use his hands to get under the defender.
    Negatives:
    Has had problems overcoming minor injuries … Lacks elusive running skills, showing little hip swerve, as he prefers to run through tacklers … More comfortable in the short passing game, as he tends to look sloppy coming out of his breaks on deep routes … Needs to do a better job being aware of when the opponent is blitzing in order to lend support as a blocker … Was never the team's "main weapon" until 2002, serving more in a complimentary role while sharing playing time at tailback.

CAREER NOTES
    Outstanding open-field runner who played a major role in Georgia's offensive success since arriving on campus as a freshman … A consummate team player who shared tailback duties earlier in his career, he emerged as a punishing inside force for the Bulldogs in 2002 … Finished his career with 454 carries for 2,202 yards (4.9 avg.) and 19 touchdowns, as he started 18 of 31 games … Became only the 11th player in school history to rush for over 2,000 yards in a career (ranks eighth on the Bulldogs' all-time record list) … Known for his clutch receiving skills, Smith managed to gain 187 yards on 27 catches (6.9 avg.)"

That was straight from NFL.Com when I looked up Musa. Hes running style curses him with getting hurt.

I am happy he is backin up Anderson though. I dont know if I am convinced on P.J. Daniels just yet.

I like the way Musa runs. I told Drew that Musa would be back. I should have bet him a chinese dinner at Hunan Manor. I would just go with Smith, Daniels, and a drafted RB or we could wait until next year's draft which is due to be loaded with strong RBs.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Maybe...they are looking for Musa to become the primary fullback next year.

A fullback that can catch and also carry the ball. What a concept.

Tom Rathman anyone?

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I think Musa is a wonderful player but I wonder if he can stay on the field as he gets hurt a lot.