Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: WNST Pity Party

Re: WNST Pity Party

I totally support WNST, Nestor, et al for this rally. Don't know if it'll make much of a difference. Here's hoping it will, but I have my doubts, considering the type of person Angelos is.

Personally, I like Nestor, but I realize that people are entitled to their own opinions, and so be it. I really can't understand the hate for Nestor. IMO, he's a true Baltimore fan, and I have many of the same memories of the O's as he does, since I'm only a few years older than him (I'll be 42 on the 22nd).

However, regardless of how one feels about Nestor, one has to ask themselves a question: Does your hate for Angelos transcend your hate for Nestor? If you said "Yes", then you should fully support this rally. It's really as simple as that.

Drew, you make some great points on here, as well as on the air. And I'm not just saying that because I work with your wife every day in the same department. I absolutely LOVE you and Terry bashing Angelos every day. I can hardly wait to get in my car in the morning to listen to you guys smash the hell out of that asshole. It's great!

Yanno, Even though I don't like WJFK and especially Anita Marks, if she were to promote a similar rally, I would support it 100%. I just wouldn't listen to her.

That's my $0.02

I saw Nestor today out in front of the Ravens walk handing out Free the Birds signs with D-(insert picture of a fence here) on the other side.

They are definitely going all out for this rally.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDomination
    They are definitely going all out for this rally.
    Good for them. This thing started out very small, with maybe 1,000 people participating. Now it looks like at least 3-4,000, and possibly as much as 10,000!!

4. Re: WNST Pity Party

Freakin' "Angry boob from Parkville" again yesterday.
    I get 20-30 minutes to hear "sports talk" on my way home and this putz thinks I need to hear him "lecture" me???
    What, does he think he has his own segments???

I can't change the station fast enough!!!!!!!

5. Re: WNST Pity Party

While I agree with the intent of the rally, the motivation behind it is clearly Nestor's need to stroke his oversized ego. How else can you explain these epic Moons he has been reading for the past week? I really enjoyed today's soliloquy, in which Nestor had to conveniently mention how HE was the first person to ask Art Modell a question when the Browns moved to Baltimore, how HE was the first person to greet Jonathan Ogden on the podium at the Ravens' first draft, how HE was the first person to greet Brian Billick after the coach's last game in Minnesota, and how HE held the Lombardi trophy! Thanks, Nestor. We almost forgot how important you are.

This would have been a fine rally without the overkill self-promotion and back-patting columns from Nestor. Hasn't he ever heard of overkill?

One last thing: No matter what your feelings are about the rally, you would have to be crazy to argue that this is not a news event. But the lack of coverage from some parts of the local media has been curious, to say the least.

While I agree with the intent of the rally, the motivation behind it is clearly Nestor's need to stroke his oversized ego.

Total Bullshit, but you go ahead and sit on your ass while the rest of us make a statement. You can continue to not attend games but a few of us want to let the owner and the rest of the country know what a fuck up he is. Whats curious to me is why some people would rather have their own "issues" with Nestor override the meaning of what we are trying to do. Your post makes it sound like you are almost jealous of Nestor.

7. Re: WNST Pity Party

All I'm saying is Nestor could have organized this fine event about without making it so much about . . . Nestor!

I agree with Fletchterps. I'm all for an anti-Angelos rally, but Nestor did tend to make it too much about himself, to say the least.

But having said that, a protest like this is long overdue. It won't have any effect on Angelos, but at least it's something.

Did you ever see WNST on any of the signs he distributed? Did you ever see any of the sponsors on any of the signs he distributed? NO. Nestor stood up because Nestor does not have any ties with the Birds. WJZ shows O's games. WBAL Radio carries the games. WJFK is on MASN. The SUN, a paper that Peter won't even give quotes to, doesn't want to burn an bridges. The only station in this town that was able to pull this off is WNST.

Hate Nestor or Like Nestor at least Nestor had the balls to get this rolling and show that baseball can still carry a fan base here in Baltimore. If we had done this 20 years ago we may still have the Colts.

10. Re: WNST Pity Party

God Bless Nestor and NST for making the rally happen. Isn't a sad state of affairs when the most fun and memorable thing that has happened at the Yard in ten years is a protest against ownership. For those of you who have turned this into a love/hate Nestor thing you have totally missed the point. :bag:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Storm View Post
    For those of you who have turned this into a love/hate Nestor thing you have totally missed the point. :bag:
    I haven't missed the point at all. I'm all for the protest, because I share Nestor's frustration over what has happened to the Orioles under Angelos. I'm with him on his outrage over what has happened to this team. But listening to him talk about himself doesn't exactly move me. I appreciate his passion for Baltimore sports, but his egomania is not something that a lot of people want to listen to.

And it's too bad, because his habit of drawing attention to himself actually detracts from what he claims is his goal, which is to get Angelos to sell the team.

Guess the joke is on Angelos though, since this so-called Nestor ego-stroke has made news around the country. I just saw it reported on SportsCenter a moment ago.