If you support the rally...

KEEP IT GOING! It wasn't a one day event, it's an ongoing thing. Keep it going until Angeloser is gone!

How?

By a Free The Birds shirt or make your own. Get a Free The Birds sign or poster and put it up at home, in your vehicle, at your place of business, or in your cubicle. Take one to the games with you.Create a webpage. Do whatever you can to keep the spirit of the rally alive.

Mike Flanagan said it best yesterday: "They showed a lot of passion and exuberance. It reminded me a lot of when I played here in the 1970's. ...They are passionate fans. They want to win. We want to win. It has been too long."

It has been too long. Let him hear you...

FREE THE BIRDS
    She had me at "Hell, NO!"

Re: If you support the rally...

We need to keep it up but ole Petey needs to up the antie a bit. He needs to get competative and get some players in here that can make this a better ball club. Drew put it best today...we agree to have a $6 ticket hike across the board but you need to get us a Carlos Lee and put Baltimore on the road jersey, and best of all compete with the other teams in this division.

The problem has been that Pete thinks we'll all stupid when the fact is that just some of us are. :D

His latest is the BS excuse that "we'd have to spend over $100mil. to be competitive and I'm trying to keep ticket prices low..." This is where he's talking only to the idiots. The numbers don't lie. There are 15 teams with a lower payroll than us but there are only 5 teams with a worse record!! Get a clue! The freaking Florida Marlins with a measley payroll of $14,000,000 are 9 games ahead of us!! The amount of money is only a part of it. The stupidity with which it is spent is the much bigger issue!

I will be the first one to admit that I don't like Nestor's antics. He's just too show-offy and self-serving for my tastes but anything that brings natonal attention to the fact that we have a arrogant boob for a baseball owner is ok in my book. It's a start and Nestor should be commended for it. The writers in this town should grow a sack and challenge Angelos with the salary/performance figures unmercifully until the fans have the team that they deserve and will support.

The low ticket prices are certainly packing in the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreRon View Post
    The low ticket prices are certainly packing in the fans.
    The only fans that are packing Camden Yards are the Yankees and Red Sox fans who show up when their team comes to Baltimore, which is sad.:(

Quote Originally Posted by Nightman View Post
    The only fans that are packing Camden Yards are the Yankees and Red Sox fans who show up when their team comes to Baltimore, which is sad.:(
    That sucks also and apparently, Angeloser has no problem with it. Like I've said before, for a guy who is supposed to be so smart, he just doesn't get it.

Remember that he made this the "family friendly" park so that we can't cheer and stomp and root for our team. He wants us to sit there and clap when the big electronic sign tells us to clap. A caller on WNST today said that it seems as if Petey is only worrying about the out of town guests and not his target fan base.

You know how it is when someone is asked to do something and they really don't want to do it. They come up with excuses, but when those excuses run out, all that is left is the true intent.

For years, Angelos tried to avoid a DC team stating that it would keep the O's from spending. When a team moved there, Angelos stated that the DC was the reason for not having the resources to spend on the Valdis of the world. Now, it is ticket prices that does not allow us a competitive salary budget.

Many excuses when the reality is that Angelos runs the Orioles the way he believes baseball should be ran.

Angelos does NOT want a 100 plus salary budget.

He believes that 75 million is enough.

Angelos admitted it in the pressbox article when saying Oswalt's 14.5M per year is lunacy for someone that works every 5th day. Folks, if he thinks 14.5M is too much, then he thinks 13, 12, 11, etc., are too much.

Mark my words, Angelos won't offer a contract greater than that of Tejada's. He will reason, just as he did with Cal Ripken, that the best player on the team should be the highest paid.

Bottomline is that Angelos is a making baseball decisions using a lay person's logic (lay person in the sense that he has no clue as to how baseball works. It would be the same as a construction worker trying to give legal advice and thinking he's correct).

Until Angelos sells the team, raised ticket prices and MASN monies are not going to change anything...except allowing Angelos to build a new room onto his mansion.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!