Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WNST Pity Party

Re: WNST Pity Party

Quote Originally Posted by df1570
    What baffles me is how people who consider themselves sports people and/or marketing experts would post something and say, "I'm not going to the rally because I think it's a disgrace that WNST has attached its name to it." How the hell else do we get the word out? WBAL isn't promoting a rally. WJFK isn't promoting a rally. The Examiner isn't promoting a rally. The PressBox isn't promoting a rally. None of the TV stations are promoting the rally. Most of those people are in bed with the Orioles and are petrified to do anything like this. We are putting this event on and in order to "spread the word" and get people to hear about it, don't we have to promote it through our radio station? If we don't promote the rally we're putting together, how on earth is anyone going to find out about it? DF
    Exactly, no-one else cares enough to put something like this together. I will be there wearing a plain black shirt, or the Free the Birds shirt if there are any for sale on gameday.

On a second topic. Drew I heard you explanation of the moon series, and I ageree that it brings back memories of the birds from the 70's (I'm 41), but I don;t think it needs to run as a 20 part series. Like the caller this morning after hearing about 3 or 4 of them, I had had enough, and now I just switch the channel when they come on. Especially now that the Raven's season has started I would rather hear the game re-hashed 50 times than more on the early years.
    Section 106 from start to finish!

Regarding WNST getting publicity or whatever out of this, who cares. They are setting it all up and doing the work so why not? It's a non-issue.

I hear a lot of "Nestor is setting up the rally by describing his love for baseball." If you people have been listening and hearing constant stories about partying with Van Halen and other meaningless crap you wouldn't be saying that.

It's ridiculous and totally unnecessary. I was all for the rally at first and was impartial to Nestor, but now its finished for me. It's pretty sad and frustrating when you want to listen to Bob Haynie and his show is cutoff to hear about Nestors pop. Why don't we use that time for people to write their own stories about past Orioles baseball memories instead of hearing the same old crap from Nestor every day? He could even read those stories since he is in love with the sound of his own voice.

How can you say "separate your feelings for Nestor" when he is sponsoring the rally? It would be like saying to a die hard Republican who opposes the war that he should separate his feelings for the Democrats and protest in DC. Never gonna happen.

My point Drew, is that people out there will use their disdain for Nestor to take shots at the station and their involvement. That is what I dont think you take into consideration. I think you don't realize the volume of folks out there who dislike Nestor and as a result, use that as a weapon against anyone or anything attached to him.

BTW, Nestors Aunt Jane loved the Padres. This story really motivated me to get down and Take back the birds! Mainly because she was a lot like Nestors pop.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenDomination
    BTW, Nestors Aunt Jane loved the Padres. This story really motivated me to get down and Take back the birds! Mainly because she was a lot like Nestors pop.

This bothers you so much that you are now against the rally? Yet, you didn't turn the station, you continued to listen to the WHOLE thing. HIL-AR-I-OUS! Here's an idea, next time, change the channel.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac
    This bothers you so much that you are now against the rally? Yet, you didn't turn the station, you continued to listen to the WHOLE thing. HIL-AR-I-OUS! Here's an idea, next time, change the channel.
    Here's an idea, maybe I listen because it would be foolish to bash something if you haven't even heard it. Do you say that a movie sucks before you have seen it? I mean judging from your post you probably do, but that would be S-T-U-P-I-D.

And I know what the Nestor lovers will say, that Nestor was just trying to connect his Padres stories with the Orioles or whatever. No, it was just time for him to ramble about his pop and his Aunt that no one cares about while name dropping left and right to let everyone know how cool he is because he spoke to Tony Gwynn. Give me a break. His enormous ego just bleeds from the airwaves. NEWSFLASH: We don't care about the Padres, Aunt Jane, or some fucking fish tacos. This is why I have a hard time separating the rally from Nestors ego.

Quote Originally Posted by birdbrain
    My point Drew, is that people out there will use their disdain for Nestor to take shots at the station and their involvement. That is what I dont think you take into consideration. I think you don't realize the volume of folks out there who dislike Nestor and as a result, use that as a weapon against anyone or anything attached to him.
    And they are the same ones who tune into the station all the time, like yourself. Otherwise, there wouldn't be something to bitch about.

wrong brandon....I listen once in awhile, that is it....personally, I dont like Nestor...I know too much about him, how he treats people, and his personal life to respect him one iota.....

Quote Originally Posted by birdbrain
    Couldn't have said it better. I do think though that Drew and everyone at the station knows that Nestor is disliked by alot of people and the 20 minute moons are annoying to most people. But every other argument against the rally is nonsense. Nestor himself has said that he doesn't expect the rally to make Angelos wake up and sell the team and people have already stopped going so what else is there to do? Either get on board or ignore it but to question Nestor's motives are ridiculous. If we had cared this much about the Colts maybe they'd still be here.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

10. Re: WNST Pity Party

When Kyle got hurt last season and everybody cheered, I turned to a friend and said; "Now we know where the WNST listeners sit! Since then I have come to find out I wasn't the only person thinking that thought.

ouch

12. Re: WNST Pity Party

learn your history f angelos..."If we had cared this much about the Colts maybe they'd still be here."

We did care!
    After years of Irsay unabashedly shopping the team around the country (remember 50, 000 plus in the gator bowl for the "bring us the Colts rally")..and delivering year after year an increasingly bad team AND trading elway to Denver...THAT will get you a half filled stadium!

The Mayflowers moved in only after the state legislature started "imminant domain" proceedings!!