Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WNST Pity Party

WNST Pity Party

boy have the message board posters got the girls on the morning show upset.....I think Drew and Terry are going to have to buy a box of kleenex because they are so upset over the bashing of the supposed rally.....haha.....really pathetic...

Re: WNST Pity Party

What exactly were they saying? Could you fill in the blanks a little bit here?

There's a thread started by PurpleCat on the Sun's Orioles board calling out Nasty and his 'Moons'. Apparently, there are some inconsistencies in some of the posts that they have taken issue with. PurpleCat himself called in this morning.

Angelos sucks and the O's once proud franchise is a laughingstock. Anyone have a better idea than the rally? I plan on attending if I can.

Someone needs to call out that f'ing meat stacker. No one else in this town has the balls to do it (except maybe Anita Marks). :D

BTW - I voted for Steven Miles because the other guy works for Angelos. That's how much I despise the meat stacker (he is big enough for that job, isn't he?).

End of rant. Back to talking about a real franchise.

Go Ravens!
    She had me at "Hell, NO!"

They were highly upset that the baltimore sun message board posters...two or three in particular, were against the "take back the orioles" rally because nestor's name and radio station were attached to the rally. they said they would be more inclined to support the rally if nestor's name and station were not part of it or were not gaining notoreity from the rally. The gals on the morning show spent the better aprt of the morning crying over it....

Quote Originally Posted by birdbrain
    They were highly upset that the baltimore sun message board posters...two or three in particular, were against the "take back the orioles" rally because nestor's name and radio station were attached to the rally. they said they would be more inclined to support the rally if nestor's name and station were not part of it or were not gaining notoreity from the rally. The gals on the morning show spent the better aprt of the morning crying over it....
    I don't blame Terry and Drew and Jeremy for calling them out. I read that thread and the posters and the thread justs reeks of stupidity. At least one of the posters (PurpleCat) had the integrity of calling up and speaking with Terry and Drew about their post.

Well, the morning show guys should be able to handle a little critcism, as mean-spirited as they can be at times.

Btw, I don't listen to WNST much, but last week I tuned in for a few minutes and heard some of that "Nestor's Life Story As Told By Nestor." I'm not sure what the point of it was, but it was so odd it was funny. It was just like someone on this board described it a week or so ago -- "I'm just a boy from Dundalk," "Here I was, a kid from Dundalk," "Who'd have thought that a poor boy from Dundalk," etc. I don't know if it had any connection to the rally, since I didn't hear the beginning or the ending (it must have gone on for 15 or 20 minutes), but it was pretty strange.

the bottom line, my opinion, is that I feel drew and terry do not understand how many people out there dislike nestor and what he stands for...believe me, it is a huge number of folks who do not like the guy or his true reasons for what he does....I think that is where many people are coming from.....

I'm just a guy from Dundalk, and look at where I am now.

Oh God, life has passed me by.....
    She had me at "Hell, NO!"

drew and terry do not understand how many people out there dislike nestor and what he stands for...believe me, it is a huge number of folks who do not like the guy or his true reasons for what he does...
    Can you educate us a little? What does Nestor do, and what are the true reasons? I have seen Nestor enthusiastically lead thousands of Ravens fans into opponents stadiums -- what's the problem with him?

it is fairly simple...nestor is all about himself....and his true reasons are to bring as much attention to himself as he can...case in point...his moons lately....all about him....his website?....all pics of himself....go around town and you will find out quickly how many people despise the guy....

I think Nestor is over the top at times, but it cannot be denied that he is a true fan.

I think there a people who can't stand the fact that he promotes himself as being from modest roots and how he built the radio station himself. I don't have a problem with that. The bottom line for me is that he brings a sports talk station to the area. The more competition, the better.

I do have my doubts about this "rally". It is a waste of time in my opinion. Angelos will never sell the team due to any outside pressure. Especially pressure from those he despises.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T
    Can you educate us a little? What does Nestor do, and what are the true reasons? I have seen Nestor enthusiastically lead thousands of Ravens fans into opponents stadiums -- what's the problem with him?

What does Nestor do? He loves the city of Baltimore. He loves Baltimore Sports, and he built a BALTIMORE SPORTS station with LOCAL sports hosts from the ground up. He is at the point now where he can enjoy the fruits of his labor and I think people envy that. People won't admit it, and they will spin it anyway they can to deny it.