2003 NFL draft

DE Terrell Suggs
    QB Kyle Boller,
    RB Musa Smith,
    DL Jarrett Johnson
    FB Ovie Mughelli
    OT Tony Pashos
    S Gerome Sapp

Damn, looking back at that draft our FO did a hell of a job...

Re: 2003 NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587 View Post
    DE Terrell Suggs
    QB Kyle Boller,
    RB Musa Smith,
    DL Jarrett Johnson
    FB Ovie Mughelli
    OT Tony Pashos
    S Gerome Sapp

Damn, looking back at that draft our FO did a hell of a job...
    Save for Boller and Musa, that was not a bad draft. That's why you have to give drafts at least three or four years. I think the 05 and 06 drafts are going to end up stellar.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Save for Boller and Musa

Thats funny. You still don't know if they'll pan out or not.

If you asked before last season, I'd definitely have said that Mughelli was a big bust. And that Jarrett Johnson was just a guy for depth. Gerome Sapp was a colt just a year ago.

Also, when you look at Boller's last 10 games, what is it like 16 TDs to just 3 INTs? We'll see about his future either in Baltimore or somewhere else soon enough.

I dont think Ozzie missed on one guy that draft, IMO. With Musa, he could still pan out and, you get what you paid for. There's a reason he slipped to the 3rd.

Apart from Dwan Edwards, I haven't seen this FO make a bad drafting move in a while (and Dwan could still pan out, its just that Starks from MD was still on the board, making it a wierd pick)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    Save for Boller and Musa, that was not a bad draft. That's why you have to give drafts at least three or four years. I think the 05 and 06 drafts are going to end up stellar.
    Even then you could see why the Ravens drafted them. Musa has big time talent and can't stay healty, Kyle has big talent and zero football IQ.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Kyle has big talent and zero football IQ.
    Unlike a certain highly overpaid, washed up 'tard who cost us a game in the play-offs, I've actually seen Kyle throw the ball away.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Thats funny. You still don't know if they'll pan out or not.
    Agree about Boller, disagree about Musa Smith. Musa is/was a bust. He's had injuries but has also had opportunities. He spends half of each game laying on his back when *not* injured, which makes it harder to tell.

Concerning Boller, he is still young and may yet pan out as a pro QB in my humble opinion. However as a #19 pick in the draft, it's fair of PR to comment he's been a disappointment.

:2c:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Agree about Boller, disagree about Musa Smith. Musa is/was a bust. He's had injuries but has also had opportunities. He spends half of each game laying on his back when *not* injured, which makes it harder to tell.

Concerning Boller, he is still young and may yet pan out as a pro QB in my humble opinion. However as a #19 pick in the draft, it's fair of PR to comment he's been a disappointment.

:2c:
    can't ignore the context of the situation.

16 TDs 10 INTs in last 9 games, by the way....but they NEEDED to draft a QB...there was no ifs, ands, or buts about it...it was not a want, it was a need. Jeff Blake was hte best FA QB out there (unless they took a flyer on Delhomme, but now you're talking about hind sight being 20/20) and he had already turned us down. Redman was TOTALLY shot.

Now I sitll think Boller will turn out to be a pretty decnt QB, either here or elsewhere, but even if he doesn't I will never dispute the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Unlike a certain highly overpaid, washed up 'tard who cost us a game in the play-offs, I've actually seen Kyle throw the ball away.
    When Kyle goes 13-3 then you can compare him with the "washed up tard"
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Of course the Baltimore Mcnair's went 13-3 not the Baltimore Ravens,, funny how I think he was a major part of that but I always thought I was rooting for a team...

10. Re: 2003 NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587 View Post
    Of course the Baltimore Mcnair's went 13-3 not the Baltimore Ravens,, funny how I think he was a major part of that but I always thought I was rooting for a team...

You're just forgetting that when the Ravens win games with McNair at quarterback it's all thanks to him, but when we win games with Boller in charge it was only because our defense won the game for us.

(sarcasm)

your right my bad

There is a reason this team spent a 4th round pick to get McNair. The FO would not do that if they didn't consider Boller a bust.