Reed being out a blessing??

Now before you jump on me Its just another way of thinking about it. Some of us noticed last year that when reed was out our corners played better. Reed takes alot of risks and it does have a big effect on our secondary. So would it not be beneficial for the ravens to sit reed While we have new corners that don't know the system as well and don't know how to react to the way reed plays, And throw him back in during the winter games when Webb and Washington are back?

Re: Reed being out a blessing??

Given his extensive list of injuries I am surprised he was able to play, much less be effective at all.

I don't think the team has had more than 4 safties on the roster to open the season for some time. He is the most likely candidate of the 5 (Reed, Landry, Nakamura, Ziby and Hamlin) not to be ready. Can't see him cut either so only PUP or IR remains and IR makes no sense to start the season....

So would it not be beneficial for the ravens to sit reed While we have new corners that don't know the system as well and don't know how to react to the way reed plays, And throw him back in during the winter games when Webb and Washington are back?
    Call 911! We have a purple Koolaid OD

Just sayin'!

How does any defense without Ed Reed improve? Really?

Are we honestly back on this? Possibly the best ball hawk to ever play the game, and we might be better off without him. If he is healthy enough to play he needs to be on the field.
    UKRavenGordon's Gametrips

2009 v Cleveland W
    2010 @ New York Jets W
    2011 (January 2012) @ New England AFCCG L

I love Ed Reed as much as anyone. He has been exciting and an integral part of the Ravens consistent performance on defense but, as I began saying last year, Ed Reed is becoming more and more a liability for the defense. Lost in the excitement of the couple touchdowns he might score in a season and the couple more exciting picks, is the sloppy ball handling that quickly hands some of those picks right back, the blown assignments and the leaving other guys out to dry as a result of his often more than not poor on the field calculations.

I will always love Ed Reed but as a result of injuries because of his hard play and his selfishness that comes from what I believe to be his trying to play in Ray Lewis' shadow, he is overall hurting this defense more than helping which I think was prety well demonstrated last year when he was out for that stretch and "all of a sudden" the d-backs started playing well. The Ravens defense will live on beyond Ed Reed. To think think he is what he used to be is drinking the purple koolaid in Ed Reed.