Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Corey Dillion???

The Sun reported today that the Ravens are having talks with Corey Dillion, 32 years old, and would be interested in signing him if talks with Jamal don't go as planned. My question is, WHY??? I mean Mike Anderson is completely capable of being the work horse for this team if Jamal dosen't return. Dillion wants to be a featured back and does not want to split time with Anderson. I just don't see the logic.

Re: Corey Dillion???

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenator View Post
    I mean Mike Anderson is completely capable of being the work horse for this team
    Really?? Are you *sure*? Because the Ravens coaching staff, which spends day and night with MA for half the year, apparently thinks otherwise. I believe Mike Anderson is an asset as a running back, but will not be our feature back barring injury or absolute desperation. Clearly they see something in him that does not say 'starter.'

I'd consider Dillon an upgrade over Jamal, for what it's worth.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I've heard reports that we've got Todd Wade (RT) in for a visit and are talking to Chris Brown, the former Tennessee Titans RB as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenator View Post
    The Sun reported today that the Ravens are having talks with Corey Dillion, 32 years old, and would be interested in signing him if talks with Jamal don't go as planned. My question is, WHY??? I mean Mike Anderson is completely capable of being the work horse for this team if Jamal dosen't return. Dillion wants to be a featured back and does not want to split time with Anderson. I just don't see the logic.
    True I believe in MA too but Why Not? Right now we need a RB (just in case) and Dillion is just as good as anybody out there. In this league teams need to have a plan B, C and D and Dillion could be someone we can use instead of the tap dancer if he or the FO decides to move forward.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

5. Re: Corey Dillion???

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    True I believe in MA too but Why Not? Right now we need a RB (just in case) and Dillion is just as good as anybody out there. In this league teams need to have a plan B, C and D and Dillion could be someone we can use instead of the tap dancer if he or the FO decides to move forward.
    :grbac: Dude, this is not a personal attack, just the facts...and this post just goes to show how much you know about football! :insane:

Dude, this is not a personal attack, just the facts...and this post just goes to show how much you know about football!
    What, you dont want to have a RB like dillion if the ravens want to go another way? Please explain your "non personal attack", it seems like everyone agrees that it wouldnt be a bad idea yet you are singling me out? WTF?
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

7. Re: Corey Dillion???

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    What, you dont want to have a RB like dillion if the ravens want to go another way? Please explain your "non personal attack", it seems like everyone agrees that it wouldnt be a bad idea yet you are singling me out? WTF?
    He is old, too old! J. Lewis knows our system and last year he was getting better later in the year! If Jamal can handle it, I'd rather have him split time with a young back or someone like Musa Smith, than an old and disguntled Corey Dillon..

McGahee, Rhodes, but anyone other than Dillon...maybe 2 years ago, but he lost more than a step. I noticed it last year..And if Billichick wants to limit his carries, he more than likely has lost it...

I also disagree with your take on Kyle Boller for some other back up QB...Just doesn't make sense....Kyle knows the system and if McNair goes down, Kyle played well enough last year to get the nod..A new back-up couldn't be trusted to get us to the playoffs if Steve were to go down for an extended peiod of time...

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

You need 2 RBs you can count on, imagine if we had in 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    You need 2 RBs you can count on, imagine if we had in 2002.
    2001 was worse.

But you could count on Brookins to miss a block, and Allen to get stuffed at the line, I guess.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

There is one thing that I will say. Dillon can score from inside the 5. Yeah Jamal, I said that.

I would be happy with either Dillon or Brown to share some time at RB with Mike Anderson. A RB by committee system might do us some good, and Dillon seemed to work very well with Maroney last season

It would be a nice change of pace to have a RB who can pick up short-yardage situations. Jamal has never been able to do that while that's all Dillion can do at this point in his career.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock