Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Oz:No interest in Porter

Or a right tackle he tells the Sun. Look for Schlesinger and a RB to be signed and that's it.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Re: Oz:No interest in Porter

Well shoot. Now what do we talk about?

Thanks FA. ;)
    Last edited by festivus; 03-05-2007 at 03:50 PM. Reason: added smiley :)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

makes sense given the budget and the presence of johnson + cody.

RT, there isn't anyone out there who CAN play it in FA worth mentioning...if they could they'd get contracts in the 50 million area. That's silly money for a "b" player.

Oh thank God. Nobody wanted that jerk on this team and now we won't have to worry about it. Do y'all think the Ravens FO reads these boards and figured out how ticked we'd all be? (I'm only half kidding about that.)

I hope noone thought we would be going after a RT in FA. Pashos was just as good as Leonard Davis and we see what kind of money they both got. That's starting LT money and RT can be filled pretty easily through the draft.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Oh thank God. Nobody wanted that jerk on this team and now we won't have to worry about it. Do y'all think the Ravens FO reads these boards and figured out how ticked we'd all be? (I'm only half kidding about that.)
    I hope not. I hope they are cold blooded snakes, bent only on producing winner after winner. This is a place for us to bitch, but if they are relying on us or any group of fans to be their think tank or their conscience - which I seriously doubt - I'm disappointed.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Does he actually come out and say we are not interested in porter or does he say we are finished at OLB.

And even if he did say it, did you guys ever think it could be a smoke screen. Maybe he didn't want to show his hand.

Even if it was a smoke screen Porter has to be commanding some money, and its money we do not have. Also I am ready for Johnson to get into the game as a starter and hope that Dan Cody will be able to play this year. Id rather seen one of our own step it up a notch, then Porter. Maybe see what it takes to get McGahee in at Running Back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587 View Post
    Does he actually come out and say we are not interested in porter or does he say we are finished at OLB.

And even if he did say it, did you guys ever think it could be a smoke screen. Maybe he didn't want to show his hand.
    Sun headline "Oz dispels Porter rumors". And if you listen to the Decosta interview with Tony,Tony listed all the free agent linebackers and Eric said "no interest" to every one.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

No Porter? Attempting to cheer for him would have hurt.

As far as RT goes, as ER and darb pointed out, there really isn't a RT out there in FA worth throwing cash at. Not a big surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    No Porter? Attempting to cheer for him would have hurt.

As far as RT goes, as ER and darb pointed out, there really isn't a RT out there in FA worth throwing cash at. Not a big surprise.
    My sentiments exactly.

11. Re: Oz:No interest in Porter

Yeah!! :ww:

I just listened to it, he did say they were looking at Mcgahee