Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Next week = slaughter

I agree that it should be easy to get overconfident for this game after the Raiders pitiful showing last night. Throw in the short week, them flying to the east coast and the fact that it's our home opener and you can't really imagine how they can pull out a win. BUT - the last thing we can do right now is overlook them and go out there and lay an egg. It's happened before, but I think Billick is really instilling a "one game at a time" mentality.

I love these Billick quotes:

"I'm not a golfer, but if you birdie the first hole, you have 17 more to go. We've got the next hole to go to."
    "I want them to enjoy tonight and all day tomorrow because they deserve it," Billick said. "But come 7:30 Wednesday morning, their whole world turns black and silver."

losac - I liked those quotes also. Before that, any time a player was interviewed during TC and the preseason, they all said that they were getting ready for one game, and that was the opener in Tampa. This team has a focus I haven't seen for a while.

I am cautiously optimistic about this season.

No letdowns this Sunday!
    She had me at "Hell, NO!"

I was also worried about the Ravens looking past the Raiders, but the quotes from Billick, Bart Scott, Ray and the other players have eased that concern. It really seems like they're taking it one game at a time; the confidence is there, but the bluster and braggadocio of recent years (which eventually rang hollow) is gone, thankfully. Instead, they're serious, mature and confident.

By the way, early lines have us favored by 10.5. When's the last time we were favored by double digits??

Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreRon
    I am cautiously optimistic about this season.
    Agreed. I won't be able to let the guard down until I see how they handle the Chargers at home.

I see a lot of Aaron Brooks ints is this game. The guy is horrible and takes so many risks. Also there offensive line is a trajedy. I cant see how our DL will not brutalize them. Then you have there defensive which was annahialated by LT. After seeing that I believe they have one of the worst Run stopping D's in the league.

I predict a whole lot of running in this game. Jamal, Musa, and MA will terrorize there defensive line and they will be done by the 4th quarter.

If we play like a team with heart than there is no way we lose this game.

Uh anyone recall the term: "On any given Sunday"?

I recall 2 years ago we went into Oakland thinking we would have the game won before the coin toss. We lost that game and were totally beaten down by the Raiders.

I agree with ladyraven -- don't f*** with the football gods! And don't be overly confident about the game this Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisQ
    4 sacks at halftime.

And yeah, as long as McNair leaves San Diego on his own two feet, I'll consider it a victory.
    Good thing we play SD here!

The Raiders have a grand total of....

13 wins since their Super Bowl. That's it! And now they've got a QB in the Top 3 Stupidest running, an OL who can't stop a pass rush, and a defense who can't stop the run. Let us not forget Art Shell, who was a TERRIBLE coach his first time around.

Haha glad its just me reading the schedule wrong. Good times :)

I just watched some highlights of last night's Raiders game, and WOW, is their OL bad! They could not protect Brooks at all. Our DL and LBs should really be looking forward to this game.

And their defense -- the Chargers ran on 48 of 59 plays. I am not tempting the football gods, but this team is a mess. I actually feel sorry for Art Shell for having to preside over this train wreck. But of course, I do not feel sorry for Al Davis.

I anticipate some of our backups seeing some fourth quarter playing time.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Let us not forget Art Shell, who was a TERRIBLE coach his first time around.
    He was 54-39 and 2-3 in the playoffs. What was terrible?

Man I hope the Ravens aren't over-looking this team like some of you guys are.

Chuck Thompson: "You are never as good as you look when winning or as bad as you look when losing."

We should handle them, but only if this team is focused and clicking on all cylinders. If not, look out.

Hopefully the team isn't getting the big head as quickly as the fans seem to be. This team, in recent years, has had a severe tendancy to play down to it's opponents let's just hope they have overcome that trend. Remember Cleveland and Detroit last year??