Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This Sunday

Re: This Sunday

Boone's Farm is something special alright, Crow.

Fanatic is curious to see what this stuff is about!!
    Drink some Absorbine Jr. or Vicks vaporub......good God.....

Real absinthe is made using wormwood, which contains thujone.
    Q/A
    What is thujone?

Thujone is a chemical compound. It is a colourless liquid with a distinctive menthol odour. It is a ketone and a monoterpene, and is found in two stereoisomeric forms. It is found in a number plants including sage, thyme, rosemary, caraway, sassafras, and yarrow. Thujone is used in several modern products including Absorbine Jr.®, Vicks Vaporub, Absinthe, Vermouth, Gammel Dansk, and many more. It can be extracted from wormwood, and it is an active component in absinthe.
    we aren't just loyal, we are obsessed. and we are violently so. we are baltimore, and we are the epitome of dysfunctionality.

Yeah, I figured you'd get a kick out of that site.

Some serious stuff right there dude!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Wow, ain't that the truth. At least you won't get any fungus infections in your digestive system....and you can pour it on your toes to prevent athletes feet...and get wasted at the same time...damn good stuff. Dr. Johns Magic Elixer.
    we aren't just loyal, we are obsessed. and we are violently so. we are baltimore, and we are the epitome of dysfunctionality.

Absinthe rocks. It's legal in some areas of Europe. Gotta have the real stuff, with wormwood, otherwise it isn't absinthe. My cousin used to work at a bar that served it, but you were only allowed two per person, per night, as it has a propensity to cause hallucinations.

Van Gogh cut his ear off after tripping on that stuff, but he used to drink, like, a bottle a day, so a few shots at a tailgate, complete with melted sugar dropped in, might set up the game nicely.

UK crew - get on it!

I have some Boones Farm Strawberry Hill! Bought it foe 1.95 in a Fl Keys K-Mart!

I remember when Cisco was the gut-rot of choice during the magical decade of the 80s...Now dudes like Crowdog drink Zima and mess it up for all of us...LOL :grbac:

Absinthe = death, you can buy ridiculously big bottles of it Spain and believe me it ain't good, you won't find me ever touching that stuff.

"as it has a propensity to cause hallucinations."
    I can pretty much assure you that the wonderful taste of the stuff is not what peeked my curiosity.
    :D :D :D :D

"UK crew - get on it!"

Ya Ya, you still have a couple days to make this happen prior to jumping on that plane to cross the pond.
    Last edited by The Fanatic; 09-12-2006 at 06:15 AM.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

A deadly duo of cheap, popular wines from the late 60's: Pineapple Wine and Bali Hai

I know you can get Absinthe somewhere in London, not sure where though and I'm pretty sure it's the weaker version not the carry you out on a stretcher vomiting fluourescent green bile version they sell on the continent.

How about a 'Golden Arch'? This is a drink we renamed after a tailgate buddy who we lost this offseason. It's a mixture of Malibu, Pineapple and Tuaca. It hits the spot on a warm football Sunday.
    She had me at "Hell, NO!"