Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Our Favorite Ref Crew at it again

I hope he does not get a game at Mand T!

You are correct in that he said, "major." My error, but it still does not take away from my argument. There is no need for Carey to add extras. To say "major facemask" is almost as if Carey is trying to rub it in, or incite some response.

Refs should just make the calls and leave out the "majors" or "big time."
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

In the case of facemasks, there are, of course, two grades of facemask: the incidental 5-yarder, and using the dude's head as a pull-tab.

So, in that case at least, the adjective isn't gratuitous.

BS

I just loved how my roomates...who are deadskins fans....cried all night about every penalty that came there way. GO RAVENS

In the NY times there was an article on how much variation in penalties there were by referee crew -- with the statistics by crew and team

http://www.nytimes.com/pages/sports/football/index.html -- look for the article called NFL Penalties on the Rise

By crew it ranged from 12 to 20 penalties a team

Carey was in the 17 range -- near the high end but not the most -- that would be Larry Nemmers, followed by your favorite ref bodybuilder Ed Hochuli

Only teams penalized more than the Ravens were the Cardinals and the Raiders

"Seriously, as if I couldn't hate that franchise enough, they manage to make it possible by having that dumbass in the owners box with Snyder."

I couldn't agree with you more. I really, really, really can't stand Tom Cruise. The man is a lunatic. Just seeing him pisses me off
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Daniel Snyder employs a whole bunch of BIG MEN. He just wanted to have one on the payroll shorter than him!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin
    In the NY times there was an article on how much variation in penalties there were by referee crew -- with the statistics by crew and team

http://www.nytimes.com/pages/sports/football/index.html -- look for the article called NFL Penalties on the Rise

By crew it ranged from 12 to 20 penalties a team

Carey was in the 17 range -- near the high end but not the most -- that would be Larry Nemmers, followed by your favorite ref bodybuilder Ed Hochuli

Only teams penalized more than the Ravens were the Cardinals and the Raiders
    I think the crew at the Ravens v Bucs game was very good. Refs should not take over a game, but make sure it is played fairly. The fewer penalties the better. I think there were only about 10 penalties for the entire game on Sunday. I wish we could have that crew every week.

And as for Carey and his miserable crew

after further review there were only 7 penalties for our game on Sunday.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20060910_BAL@TB
    Section 106 from start to finish!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Why is it the networks all show Snyder on TV, few other owners get on TV and none get as much time as this little knob. I really don't need to see Napolean signaling incomplete passes or watch him and Cruise chatting. I don't give a shit, I am trying to watch football!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Why is it the networks all show Snyder on TV, few other owners get on TV and none get as much time as this little knob. I really don't need to see Napolean signaling incomplete passes or watch him and Cruise chatting. I don't give a shit, I am trying to watch football!

Made me so mad seeing that little squirt up there cheering like a goof and signalling incomplete pass. The guy has no class and does not conduct himself like a professional at all. I wish they'd have shown him after Hall shanked the game-tying field goal at the end.

Also, the alliance with Cruise is yet another reason to hate him.

I wonder if Tom is attempting to convert Snydbrenner to Scientology? Obviously, there are no height restrictions. :)
    She had me at "Hell, NO!"

Thumbs down Re: Our Favorite Ref Crew at it again

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    I agree, and I have wondered that myself.

And to see Tom Cruise there with him