Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question NE trades WR Deion Branch to Seattle

With Branch going to Seattle do you think he will get some looks and be a decent #2 or #3 for my fantasy team?

My other WRs are:
    Reggie Wayne
    Amani Toomer
    Antonio Bryant
    Ernest Wilford

Thanks,

FM

Re: NE trades WR Deion Branch to Seattle

in my opinion he's better than all of those cept Reggie Wayne. Bryant looked good, but the problem there is simply the SF offense isn't great.

He'd easily be in the top 3 when placed on that list of WRs.

Grab him and don't look back.

Blog Entries

The only concern is whether Branch wanted this or not...he's still on his contract that he was unhappy about and supposedly it was NE that pursued the Seattle trade, not Branch.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

WRs on new teams typically do not produce studlike numbers. My opinion is to wait on Branch until he gets acclimated to the offense. When he starts producing then start using him. Your receiving corps is thin for sure. Wayne is excellent and I do not think Bryant's display was a fluke. Remember that he had another 45 yard TD called back in this game. Alex Smith looks much better this season, Gore has always been a good back when healthy and the 49ers will be playing from behind a lot. This is all good for Bryant who has always had a knack for making big plays.

Wait on Branch and jump on the back of Antonio for now.

I'm thinking of dropping either Eddie Kennison or Lee Evans and bidding for Branch. I think Branch will be Hasselbeck's number one guy by mid season.

I wouldn't drop Evans just yet, he should improve as Buffalo gets on track, and since we expect them to be behind a lot, he'll probably get a lot of looks late in the game. Added defensive attention too, but that can't be helped. Kennison's prospects don't look good, especially if Trent Green is sidelined for a while. By the time Kennison has value again, I'd expect Branch to be acclimated to his new offense and contributing.