Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sun:Porter lobbying Ravens

From Preston's latest column. Says he's calling Ravens players telling them to talk to Ozzie. Also in the column Donut Boy rips the Ravens for not signing their lower picks(doesn't mention that it's financially impossible) and comments on Jamal possibly to Den.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Re: Sun:Porter lobbying Ravens

Yeah, the locker room might be rough, but the reality is that stars stay, good players can get better money from desperate teams with lots of holes to fill.

This is not rocket science (never mind that crap is easy, bloody gene cloning...). AD has a season like this two years ago he's never a FA.

Thus, you see the emphasis on drafting players ready to play...a la Landry. Then you don't develop them for 3 to 5 years then watch them become stars in one year and command massive money and be unable to sign them.

Never ever never. I would be SO pissed if they signed Joey Porter.

We re-signed Bart Scott last year and he was a UDFA. We apparently re-signed Jarrett Johnson and he's not a former 1st rounder. We re-signed AD (the first time around) and he was a former 6th round pick. Preston's argument is flawed. To add, while it is true we re-signed many of our former 1st rounders, that is due to the fact that we pretty much hit HRs with our first picks every year. The spoils of our drafting success.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

I do not want Bullet Ass anywhere near Baltimore. Can any of you SERIOUSLY imagine cheering for him if he were playing for the Ravens? Seriously . . . blech :bag:
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

I really think he would cost too much for what the Ravens have under the cap.

Also I don't think Joey is as good as HE THINKS he is.

Don't think he'll be here.

KFFL is reporting that Porter has been talking to the Browns, Bengals and Dolphins. No mention of Ravens.

Again it appears that Preston is way off-base as usual.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Rotoworld was actually the first to report that Porter is interested in us, not Preston. Just because he's been contacted by those teams doesn't mean he isn't interested in us, just that we might not be interested in him.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

I think he would be a good fit, on the field. In the locker room I'm not so sure. I'll hate him until the day he is a Raven. If he becomes a Raven we have no choice but to welcome him, as long as he doesnt bring that filthy, nasty stench of Pittsburgh with him.

Steve, Porter not being as good as he thinks may be our undoing. After he sits in free agency, he may come cheap. I'll need a 55 gallon drum to puke in the day he becomes a Raven. What a "Twilight Zone" episode we would be involved in. Regardless, I'll never cheer for him. I can't wait for the day the Ravens win the Super Bowl and Joey Boy is announced MVP, and I'm waving my big fat middle fingers at him..........Oh, wait, ......That was the "Tales from the Dark Side" episode..................heeeeeeheeeeheehehehehee
    SS

11. Re: Sun:Porter lobbying Ravens

I think I'm gonna hurl....

Caps Are Located To The Left On Your Keyboard...its Pointless>>>to The Best Of My Knowledge There Are No People With Serious Vision Problems On The Board
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens