Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: AD Cut by the Pats

No thanks. He's just not that good any more.

rex will pick him up

Blog Entries

I would love to see Rex pick him up and then have to cut a young player with lots of potential to keep him on the roster.

One thing to note, TL's article about corner mentioned that with the uncapped year, it'll make teams happy because they can sign oodles of guys to compete in TC to make the team, thus guaranteeing they will get the best out of the 53. So a team might just bring on AD for essentially a tryout to see if he can beat another LB for a roster spot.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Wink Re: AD Cut by the Pats

I 'd love to see him back, mainly because he was a beast on our 2005 and 2006 teams. I thought he was the principal reason for our 13-3 record in 2006. However, I tend to get stuck in the past and want to overlook how quickly fast players get slow in the NFL.

I'd take him only if we had a 60 man roster. Otherwise: best of luck, Adalius, in finding a job above vet minimum.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

AD is nowhere near the player he was during his 2006 freak season. But you bet the Fat Ass in New York will sign him.

Blog Entries

7. Re: AD Cut by the Pats

I was AD's marketing agent while he was with the Ravens. He was a great guy when he first came here, but his last year here, he changed into another person. You guys are right about what you said about him, he got his money and went elsewhere. BTW, the last time I talked with him, he was going to call me back about whether he wanted to do a radio show in Boston, that was three years ago, still waiting for the call.
    Last edited by misbehavinraven; 04-26-2010 at 02:17 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    AD is nowhere near the player he was during his 2006 freak season. But you bet the Fat Ass in New York will sign him.
    Wouldn't be so sure after they picked up Jason Taylor.

Shame Thomas didn't work out in New England, he was always one of my favourite players and I wish/hope he had something left in the tank to come back and contribute for us, but he seems to be running on empty. Which is a real shame.

I do not believe the Jets can pick him up, because of the new final 8 rule. I believe the Jets have maxed out there free agent market. AD was a nice guy in person, but I do not want to see him back in a Ravens uniform, after throwing us under the bus. You could maybe see him in Tennessee
    Lovin me some section 543

Wink Re: AD Cut by the Pats

Quote Originally Posted by misbehavinraven View Post
    I was AD's marketing agent while he was with the Ravens.
    You were also McCrary's marketing agent in 1999, correct?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I don't see a role for him on this team.
    He wouldn't start, he wouldn't provide any noticeable depth. We have younger, cheaper, better players to do anything he can do. He isn't the versatile gem he once was. I don't think he would have a chance to make the 53 much less the 45 to dress on gamedays without SERIOUS injuries. I think that Barnes and McLain are fighting for jobs along with Brendan Ayanbadejo as it is....

Blog Entries

Properly motivated I think he can still contribute (not like when he was next to Ray). I'd take him for the min and let him compete for a roster spot.

But Al Davis will probably give him a huge contract...